Graphics
RX 580 OEM
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi there,

I am having problems updating my OC from 0.7.3 to 0.7.4. Loading process just stops at a certain point. I have attached a screenshot hereunder.

Attachments

• photo_2021-09-27 00.30.30.jpeg
    photo_2021-09-27 00.30.30.jpeg
    164.9 KB · Views: 208
Here is my EFI folder

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4 MB · Views: 99
Hi - I have looked at your config.plist and made some suggestive changes with the latest kexts and OC 0.7.4 released version. I have removed some unnecessary entries from your original EFI Folder and config.plist whilst making corrective entries. I suggest you try this revised EFI Folder on the EFI Partition of a test USB drive before committing to your main Drive. When booting off the USB Drive, when you get to the Boot Menu, hit the space bar and select Clean NvRam, do this twice and then if all is well, carry on and boot to the Desktop. Good luck.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 168
@GIZLIN
I think you have some file/s of different OpenCore versions, recheck all files (specially BOOT, Drivers and Tools folders and OpenCore.efi file).

Hello GIZLIN, did you manage to make the upgrade ?? I am having exactly the same issue at the same point.

Hi - I have looked at your config.plist and made some suggestive changes with the latest kexts and OC 0.7.4 released version. I have removed some unnecessary entries from your original EFI Folder and config.plist whilst making corrective entries. I suggest you try this revised EFI Folder on the EFI Partition of a test USB drive before committing to your main Drive. When booting off the USB Drive, when you get to the Boot Menu, hit the space bar and select Clean NvRam, do this twice and then if all is well, carry on and boot to the Desktop. Good luck.
Hello esafeddie, can you give me a hand with this issue please ?? I am attaching the Old and New Efi folders, for some reason I am having the same issue as GIZLIN, and can't figure it out. I have gone through the config file and they are basically identical. I have updated all kexts in the new file, but something prevents me from using OC 0.7.4.

Thanks

Manolo

Attachments

• EFI NEW.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 56
  • EFI.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 64
@manolo2001 - Hi try this EFI Folder, I updated it to OC 0.7.5, I don't know if it will be any good as I am not familiar with your components so I suggest you try it on the EFI partition of a USB drive before committing it to your main drive. Good luck.

Attachments

• EFI NEW.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 110
@manolo2001 - Hi try this EFI Folder, I updated it to OC 0.7.5, I don't know if it will be any good as I am not familiar with your components so I suggest you try it on the EFI partition of a USB drive before committing it to your main drive. Good luck.
Thanks !!! so far it is working perfect !!!!!!!! i will remove opencanopy though, I can't get it to work right with my setup,

Thanks again !!!!

Manolo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back