MSI Z270 M7
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi folks,

I updated to OC 6.7 and I did not notice that Launcheroption did replace the old way for Bootstrap. It is disabled by default.

Unfortunately, anytime I try to set it to "Full", it is working fine but I have "recovered files" in the trash at each reboot ...

Is there a way to get rid of this ?

No problem when LauncherOption is set to "disabled".

Thanks.

Last edited:
It wants a file path, I'd read the Configuration.pdf that comes with OC.
Iirc, it wants the path to OpenCore.efi

Edit: Oh I misread, sorry. And misunderstood the options. What are the recovered files in the trash?

It wants a file path, I'd read the Configuration.pdf that comes with OC.
Iirc, it wants the path to OpenCore.efi

Edit: Oh I misread, sorry. And misunderstood the options. What are the recovered files in the trash?

Nothing, just an empty folder named "recovered files", each time I reboot there is new one created.

EDIT : Found the culprit : needed to disable the OC entry in the Bios, no more recovered files :)

EDIT 2 : Recovered files came back after 2-3 reboots. Leaving LauncherOption as disabled for now.

Last edited:
MacOS cleans temporary files on start-up. The Recoverd Files are not empty, There are hidden files in it with .Link/somestring. I have the same issue since latest update of macOS. The same I had already with Catalina but was gone with Big Sur. In Catalina the cause has been my iStat Menus app. When I uninstall it there are no Recovered Files in Trash after reboot. I really hope Apple will fix that in another update. On my MacBook Pro I don't have this issue, but I don't have iStat Menus installed on my MacBook Pro.

Last edited:
Today I have also set LauncherOption to Disabled. After NVRAM reset I still have Recovered Files in my Trash. After that I have set LauncherPath to EFI/BOOT/BOOTx64.efi and and did a NVRANM reset again. After boot I have no more Recovered Files in Trash. Let's try that for a while.
Isn't it strange that EFI could cause Recovered Files in Trash of OS?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back