CPU
i7-5775C
Graphics
AMD WX Pro 4100
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am using OC 0.6.6, and it's generally working fine except for the fact that I just can't get opencanopy to give me a reasonable resolution.

As you can see in the attached photo it's just huge and I have tried a lot of setting, but it just won't take a higher resolution and show all the boot options.

I have gone through the OC guide, a pdf that is in github etc. played with config settings and nothing.

The setup is as follows:

X10SAE MB
i7-5775c CPU
RX560 4Gb GPU

3 SSD's for OSs.

Everything works fine, perfect actually, can boot to all Oss seamlessly etc. It's just that screen that is annoyingly big.

Any help, suggestions, etc are welcome.

Manolo

Attachments

• IMG_4252.JPG
    IMG_4252.JPG
    612.1 KB · Views: 68
I have tried all that but it refuses to set anything different than the photo I attached.

went through all the settings in that pdf as well and nothing, I must be missing something somewhere.

Post a copy of your config.plist, redact/hide/delete the Serial Number, UUID, MLB and ROM codes.

Attached is my config. Thanks, just changed UIScale to 02 and for some reason lost a 2.5 HDD can't get it to mount on MacOS. Tried in from a USB dongle and works fine. Some part of the setup is definitely wrong. I wil check in BIOS see if it is being recognized and clear NVRAM as well.

Thanks.

Manolo

Attachments

• config check.plist
    24.2 KB · Views: 46
On a side note, I am using an iMac 15,1 in my working install, but trying out using an iMacPro1,1 in my test drive. as I have a Broadwell CPU (i7-5775c) and should be using iMac16,1. But it won't work using the iMac16,2 SMBIOS, it does with iMac15,1 or iMacPro1,1. I can't really figure out why, so i'm sticking with 15,1 for now and will change the working version to iMacPro1,1 probably this weekend once I have tested it for a bit.

You are better staying with the iMac 15,1 SMBIOS, as it is the closest to your CPU.

If you use the iMac Pro 1,1 SMBIOS you have to disable the Intel Graphics in the Bios, as the iMP1,1 doesn't support or use an IGPU.

What Resolution do you want to use on the boot screen?

This is the UEFI > Outputs section in your config.plist:
Screenshot 2021-02-24 at 22.28.00.png

This is how you can change the bootloader resolution to the size you want:
Screenshot 2021-02-24 at 22.28.27.png

I checked the other bootloader graphics settings and they are all OK, or at least as I expected them to be, if you had followed the OC guide correctly.

Try changing this UEFI > Output > 'Resolution' option in your config and see if it works.

Hi, I'll stick with iMac15,1 then. Thanks.

I have used that option to change resolution, used everything from really low res to 2560x1440 and I generally get very weird results, let me change it I'll take a photo so you can see the result. Give me five minutes. Generally it just zooms or blows up and I get one icon on the screen and have to use the arrows to move along, but they get so big it's just one per screen. I am using dual monitors, BTW, but that should not make a difference I think.

This time nothing changed. Different resolutions make no difference.

There are other settings I have tried using as well in UEFI > Output like:

console mode
console control
resolution
force resolution

Sometimes with disastrous consequences.

I attached a photo of the pdf i have used to try and set this properly.

I also found something in opencapnopy that talks about scaling but did not understand how that works. I copied the text.

Attachments

• IMG_4260.JPG
    IMG_4260.JPG
    584.2 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_4257.JPG
    IMG_4257.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_4259.JPG
    IMG_4259.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4258.JPG
    IMG_4258.JPG
    589.4 KB · Views: 35
  • opencaanopy 1.jpg
    opencaanopy 1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 49
  • opencaanopy 2.jpg
    opencaanopy 2.jpg
    863.3 KB · Views: 51
  • uefi 1.jpg
    uefi 1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 47
@manolo2001 The opencore guide mentions somewhere that support for smbios 15.1 is flaky and recommends 15.2 instead. For my Haswell hack I however opted to use smbios iMacPro1,1 which works great and I also have no problems with enabling my iGPU in headless mode.

Greetings Henties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back