Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello! I've just recently begun reading up on hackintoshs and I believe I'd like to give it a shot :)

But here's the thing: I have access to a few macs, but they're all either personal (not mine) property or semi-public/public machines. I'd like to know if there's any danger what-so-ever for the machine from which I would obtain my copy of Yosemite, given that I don't want to mess up anyone's day. I've read quite a few of the guide's on this website (Kudos to the community btw!) and none seem to cover this particular angle of the process. Nothing points to it being problematic but... don't wanna end up having to pay for damages (circumvents the entire point of a hackintosh, really).

Thanks in advance! (apologies if this has been covered, couldn't find anything :|)

You just need to follow the steps in the guide to create your own bootable USB using UniBeast. It is a simple and straight forward process to create your own USB installer. It will not harm any data or hardware on the computer that you use. :thumbup:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

You may wish to also download MultiBeast and copy it over to the USB for convenience.

Nothing points to it being problematic but... don't wanna end up having to pay for damages (circumvents the entire point of a hackintosh, really).

All you'll be doing on the Mac is running the UB installer app to create a USB drive, it won't do
anything harmful to the Mac you use. Just make sure to delete Unibeast from the Mac that
you use when it's finished creating your USB drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back