Contribute
Register

Obtaining a G4 Cube in Australia (for modification)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Kiwi, Aren't you going for it? Mine just arrived, Too bad it was broken in transit! the guts are ok, but the Perspex case is broken on one corner, The packaging is much to be desired! so I am going to make a claim on it. I reckon it would have broken before it left the States.
Check the photo's.
Cheers and good luck if your bidding.

Attachments

• 100_0451.JPG
    100_0451.JPG
    626.4 KB · Views: 272
  • 100_0448.JPG
    100_0448.JPG
    653 KB · Views: 235
  • 100_0457.JPG
    100_0457.JPG
    624.5 KB · Views: 297
  • 100_0456.JPG
    100_0456.JPG
    570.4 KB · Views: 4,022
Rossi, bummer about the cube, that must have been disheartening. Really the seller should have packaged it better, can really blame the courier. I hope it was insured.

Yes I intend to bid on the cube. I don't mind sharing the eBay link because I suspect it will go for a much higher price than I want to pay. Only good thing is it local-pickup, so it limits the buyers to just a few million. ;)

Good luck on the bidding, You won't have to worry about me being in on it ( I've spent my share on toys). I just bought a replacement case for $90 odd delivered so if I can't get compo for the damaged case I will have paid in the vicinity of $330. Ah well at least I can start on it.

Good Luck (I have Irish blood )it might help.
Cheers.
Rossi.

Thanks for the link SamandLiam, yeah I was pretty excited to finally receive the box, which didn't look too bad apart from a slightly dimpled corner, which was enough of a hit to crack the corner of the cube. The box was just the right size for the cube and not much else in the way of padding. Ah can't win em all, I have got another case coming for $90 delivered and I just asked for half of that for compensation.
Can only hope they come to the party.
Cheers.
Rossi.

Hi Kiwi, I just tried to pm you but I don't have enough posts yet, I'm watching that cube and wondered if you were going after it.

Good luck .
Cheers.
Rossi.

I don't know if it was you who got that cube (I hope so ) but what a bargain at $132.50AU!!!

Hi Rossi, yes I am now the owner of the cube listed on eBay, I was very surprised, there was only one other bidder. I will pick it up in the next few days, hopefully it is in good condition, will post some pics over the weekend.

Awesome, I was hoping it was you, I was watching, and the gambling bug was biting so hard to jump in, but I knew you would be on it, or I should say I was hoping it was you, because it looked a pretty good buy.
Wait till you see and feel the engineering in this thing, no wonder it was $1700US when released, I am trying to find out what the currency exchange rate was back in 2000 to see what it cost in Aus.

I can only find a 10 year history which was $1.68AUD to $1.00USD in Feb 2003, and I'm pretty certain it wasn't any better back in 2000.

It gives some perspective as to why you won't find too many cubes in Aus or NZ. the cost would have been horrendous.

Now you have a dilemma of wether to hack or keep original, because by it's description it's should be a good runner (albeit a slow one).
I have a G5 that still goes very well, and a MM tray ready to go into it but just can't bring myself to do it. But I have the cube to keep the modding bug at bay for the moment.

Have fun.
Cheers.
Rossi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back