Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi guys!

I had a little bit of a hard time fighting a stubborn kext that refused to allow a network interface to be detected on a GA-H77-DS3H rev 1.0 using the method in this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...x-10-6-snow-leopard-ivy-bridge-based-pcs.html, even using the updated iBoot+Ivy Bridge.

Turns out that a solution came using the iBoot+Ivy Brige method, but not as intended by it's authors. What I did was to boot my C2D late 2008 MacBook with it. iBoot made my ancient, venerable MacBook, look like a MacPro 3,1 to AppStore and, since it was already SL 10.6.8 and met all other criteria, Appstore had no qualms in allowing me to buy and download ML.

The rest was easy. Made a Thumb drive with ML with Unibeast and setup my new macx86 in no time. Everything going smooth now. Later I'll write a post describing the system and success, now I have more pressing issues to deal with, but I thought this experience should help others having the same issues.

NOTICE: I never installed ML on the MacBook. Just booted it up with the CD using keyboard shortcuts on boot an operated under this environment while dealing with the AppSotre. My MacBook will remain SL as I don't have any qualms with it remaining that way, thought maybe I would put Lion in it now if it was still available for buying.

Just wanted to thank you for the iBoot method of buying ML. Was able to buy it on an unsupported mac mini and successfully install on GA-Z77N-WIFI. Saved all the trouble of the Snow Leopard install method. Thanks!

Hi guys!

I had a little bit of a hard time fighting a stubborn kext that refused to allow a network interface to be detected on a GA-H77-DS3H rev 1.0 using the method in this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...x-10-6-snow-leopard-ivy-bridge-based-pcs.html, even using the updated iBoot+Ivy Bridge.

Turns out that a solution came using the iBoot+Ivy Brige method, but not as intended by it's authors. What I did was to boot my C2D late 2008 MacBook with it. iBoot made my ancient, venerable MacBook, look like a MacPro 3,1 to AppStore and, since it was already SL 10.6.8 and met all other criteria, Appstore had no qualms in allowing me to buy and download ML.

The rest was easy. Made a Thumb drive with ML with Unibeast and setup my new macx86 in no time. Everything going smooth now. Later I'll write a post describing the system and success, now I have more pressing issues to deal with, but I thought this experience should help others having the same issues.

NOTICE: I never installed ML on the MacBook. Just booted it up with the CD using keyboard shortcuts on boot an operated under this environment while dealing with the AppSotre. My MacBook will remain SL as I don't have any qualms with it remaining that way, thought maybe I would put Lion in it now if it was still available for buying.

Did you actually have to reinstall snow leopard? or did you use iboot and just chose your existing install drive? Thanks!

Did you actually have to reinstall snow leopard? or did you use iboot and just chose your existing install drive? Thanks!

You are referring to a post from 2012, it is most unlikely that you will get a reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back