CPU
i5-3210M
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
HP ProBook Installer 6 (beta)

Maybe we should consider to include this kext (ACHI_3rd_Party_Sata.kext) as an option in the Installer, just in case...

Probably need room for more if 4540S users respond with their custom kexts like AppleHDA. It would nice if you keep the interface clean of clutter. Makes easier on new users when making initial choices. Perhaps something like this

Mandatory:
OSX
DSDT

Optional:
Graphics glitch
EDID editor

Miscellaneous:
Tools
Color Profiles

Motherboard
GA-H77N-WIFI F4
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 4000
Mobile Phone
  1. Android

Probably need room for more if 4540S users respond with their custom kexts like AppleHDA. It would nice if you keep the interface clean of clutter. Makes easier on new users when making initial choices. Perhaps something like this

Mandatory:
OSX
DSDT

Optional:
Graphics glitch
EDID editor

Miscellaneous:
Tools
Color Profiles

Yes, this is a good idea and I can tell you right now which will be the first members of this Optional group: the graphics glitch fix, the EDID generator, the AHCI patch and maybe this 3rd party SATA kext.

Is anyone knows how to contact MacMan for a permission for this kext, because it seems he has turned the receiving of PMs off?

Motherboard
GA-Z390-Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 590

Just performed a fresh install of ML 10.8.2 on my 4530s (XU015UT with the i3-2310M CPU replaced with an i7-2670QM, 8GB, F.29 BIOS) using a clean spare 2.5" hard drive. I used the following Probook Installer ver. 6b3 options:

-OS X support kexts/Mountain Lion/10.8.2
-DSDT/4230s-4530s HD3000 NF/BIOS Revision F20
-SSDT/i7 Processors/i7-2670QM
-System Definitions/MacBookPro8,1
-Chimera 1.11.1
-Ethernet kext (Lion and ML)
-Bluetooth kext (Lion and ML)
-AHCI patch (10.8.x only)
-Graphic Glitch Fix
-EDID Generator
-Extra Tools/All but Trim Enabler

After the reboot following the ML installation and Probook Installer installation, everything worked: USB, Bluetooth, Audio, HDMI with Audio, however ML would only recognize my CD/DVD if the machine were booted with a disc in the drive (tried several reboots, but nothing changed). I installed the ACHI_3rd_Party_Sata.kext from Lion, rebooted, and the drive works fine. FWIW, I had to do this on my very first installation of ML on this machine (Rehabman links to my thread on this issue in his Probook/ML FAQ).

All in All, this version of the Probook Installer (6b3) is quite an improvement over the 5.1b1 that I used on my original installation on this machine. Only having to fix one glitch outside of the installer (CD/DVD issue) is pretty darn good, if you ask me.

Interesting note: when running HW Monitor, I'm seeing a few more intermediate CPU multipliers than I have seen before (like 11, 19 and 22) and the machine seems to idle at a higher multiplier than it did before (11 or 15 v. 8), although I do see it dip quickly down to 8 then back up. Still peaks at 26.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I ran the 10.8.2 supplemental update from the App Store with no issues.

-bth

thanks for the tip about the AHCI_3rd_party_SATA.kext. i googled for one and after installing it solved the problem of no disk recognized! that was the last issue remaining for a perfect hackbook, in my case. (i also have another ML hack, based on a Zotac mini-ITX mobo, that had the same problem.)

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
HD 4000
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97-HD3
CPU
i5-4690k
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 750 2GB OC
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone

This is great! I hope you guys don't leave too. Great work!

Motherboard
satellite s55-a5176
CPU
i7-4700MQ Processor 2.4 GHz
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4600

too bad my laptop won't wake properly after sleep with this installer...
in the first try to wake it just starts with black screen
in order to fully wake a need to close it again and push the power button several times
idk if it's the kext or the dsdt
i'll test a little more tho ...

Motherboard
HP-4540S
CPU
i5-3210M
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone

I've just tested 10.6.8 and I'm very pleased with the results. Everything works out of the box.
- new fan control
- PS2 keyboard
- BatteryManager
- Bluetooth
- WiFi

Things to look for when instaling SL
Upgrade from 10.6 or 10.6.3 to 10.6.8 is the tricky part.

- if using DVD use iBootLegacy 2.7.2
- if using custom made USB flash drive use mach_kernel from 10.6.8 to recognize SandyBridge
- make sure "device-properties" key is present in org.Chameleon.boot.plist (file from HP Installer)
- Important. Reboot after running UpdateHelper to pickup new kernel caches and then run 10.6.8 Combo update +HP Installer.

Motherboard
4530s
CPU
i3
Graphics
Intel 3000 512MB
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android

too bad my laptop won't wake properly after sleep with this installer...
in the first try to wake it just starts with black screen
in order to fully wake a need to close it again and push the power button several times
idk if it's the kext or the dsdt
i'll test a little more tho ...
patch your dsdt,works