Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
CPU
Intel i7 8700k
Graphics
MS Radeon Rx 580 8Gb
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Good afternoon, I want to buy the internal USB hub of NZXT and I want to know if while doing the mapping of the USBs in the hackingTosh, if It will detect each port of the USB hub separately as different ports. I know that this product in Windows works perfectly and detects each port of the hub separately, but I want to know if while doing the mapping of the USBs in Hackintosh will work. Thank you very much for all your help. Regards. Ernesto.

Uncertain whether you figured this out but I just bought one today to power the BT on my new Fenvi T919 Wifi/BT card (new the extra USB 2.0 header on the MOBO). Once I get it installed, I can report back.

Installed this evening. It appears the devices on the hub are recognized via the hub itself (so two USB 2.0 ports). However, I have only two USB devices plugged in at the moment so might be different with three or four. At the same time, Hackintool recognizes the ports as "USB 2.0 Hub" and not the individual devices so...maybe just recognizes the hub even with max devices?

MacOS will not recognise each port on the NZXT Hub. It will only recognise the header port the internal Hub is connected to, i.e. the 2 x USB2 (internal) ports served by the Motherboard Header.

You would be best served connecting the Bluetooth cable to a motherboard Header port, not via the NZXT internal hub.

I use these NZXT hubs in a few of my systems where I need more internal header connectors. I always have the Bluetooth module connected to a MB header on its own, so that it works in the Bios and at boot.

Connecting the BT module to the internal NZXT hub may mean the BT module is not available until the OS boots. It may also add unnecessary sleep/wake issues.

The two USB2.0 ports on the motherboard can actually be connected to three devices: water-cooled USB port, Bluetooth USB port (4-pin), and light-controlled USB port (five-pin). In this way, you need to find the definition of each pin, which can be found in the motherboard manual.

The two USB header ports can be setup as hubs, with a lot more than three devices connected.

I use a number of different USB header splitters in my systems where I need more than two Header ports. These include the following:

NZXT internal USB splitter.jpg NZXT splitter hub 1 to 4 header ports and 2 x Type A USB2 ports

USB2 Header 1 to 2 splitter.jpg Header splitter 1 to 2 header ports

USB2 Header 1 to 4 splitter.jpg Header splitter 1 to 4 header ports

There are other header port splitters these are just the ones I use.

The two USB header ports can be setup as hubs, with a lot more than three devices connected.

I use a number of different USB header splitters in my systems where I need more than two Header ports. These include the following:

View attachment 534666 NZXT splitter hub 1 to 4 header ports and 2 x Type A USB2 ports

View attachment 534667 Header splitter 1 to 2 header ports

View attachment 534669 Header splitter 1 to 4 header ports

There are other header port splitters these are just the ones I use.
Yes, this kind of chip can work normally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back