Contribute
Register

NZXT Cam Software and OSX support

Would you buy a NZXT watercooler if there was OSX Support?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
5258c8b22bec537b45fdfcc07943d438.w980.h290._CR0,0,980,290_FMpng_.png

Hello Hackintosh Builders.

In all of my talks with NZXT over adding CAM support for OSX they continue to tell me that If they see a need they will build it.
This is very much a 'Field of Dreams' kind of thing... We do no want to buy the coolers because there is no OSX support. If there was support I am sure hackintosh users would flock to grab an NZXT water cooler! Currently an OSX watercooler user either has to dual boot with windows or use the BIOS to send the needed voltage to the fan ports...

Contact support by:

[email protected] (if emailed creates a ticket)
[email protected] (Features and Request)
[email protected] (CAM Bug tracking & DEV)
[email protected] ( Cam Developer)

OR

Create a ticket and account...
https://www.nzxt.com/users/account#acc-submit-ticket

Please just continue to reach out to them and let them know we want the control software and support!

If I am missing a way to control the Pump and fan curves please let me know.
-Griffin

In all of my talks with NZXT over adding CAM support for OSX they continue to tell me that If they see a need they will build it.
This is very much a 'Field of Dreams' kind of thing... We do no want to buy the coolers because there is no OSX support. If there was support I am sure hackintosh users would flock to grab an NZXT water cooler! Currently an OSX watercooler user either has to dual boot with windows or use the BIOS to send the needed voltage to the fan ports...

Contact support by:

OR

Please just continue to reach out to them and let them know we want the control software and support!

-Griffin
Im considering building a hackintosh with an NZXT KRAKEN X41 cooled i5 6600k. I would like to also use a hue+, would I be able to run windows 10 with CAM in the background to control this, If so how would I. Are there any other alternatives? btw i will use 2 samsung 850 evo ssds 250gb. Thanks a lot!

Im considering building a hackintosh....

Yes-ish, You will need to sed all of your profiles within the windows environment, power off your machine, pull the usb off the board then turn your machine back on. The watercooler will hold its memory. not exactly sure on the hue+ but from my readings it has the same principals.

The watercooler will hold its memory.

Interesting. I guess everything has chips in it. Just want to verify that this applies to the other brands of cooler as well as the KRAKEN?

I've been back & forth trying to decide which cpu cooler I want to buy for the 7700K. But it was the controller software issue that that seems to apply to all the brands. I'm now resigned to the fact that to make my build easier to setup, Windows will help for some parts. Windows will also aid in troubleshooting as well.

Contact support by:

OR

-Griffin

Would like to echo for this push. I have both the Corsair Hydro h115i and the NZXT Kraken x62 and the X62 does a much better job at cooling, and looks great! Also Hardocp just put up a great review of this cooler too.

https://www.hardocp.com/article/2017/05/10/nzxt_kraken_x62_allinone_cpu_liquid_cooler_review

Yes-ish, You will need to sed all of your profiles within the windows environment, power off your machine, pull the usb off the board then turn your machine back on. The watercooler will hold its memory. not exactly sure on the hue+ but from my readings it has the same principals.

Hi Griffin can you please confirm this works in your setup, and that you are using the Kraken X41?

Once I pull the cable out on mine, all LEDs on the Kraken turn off and the fans spin at 100% 24/7. I would love to be able to do this as the system won't sleep with it connected (I had the exact same issue with a corsair h100i). The LEDs don't bother me too much, but that fan at 100% is going to send me nuts eventually (it's only been 2 days so far).

The corsair h100i, on the other hand, does work the same way you outlined above - set it up in windows and the settings are saved to the unit itself and will continue to work in a different OS

Hi Griffin can you please confirm this works in your setup, and that you are using the Kraken X41?

Once I pull the cable out on mine, all LEDs on the Kraken turn off and the fans spin at 100% 24/7. I would love to be able to do this as the system won't sleep with it connected (I had the exact same issue with a corsair h100i). The LEDs don't bother me too much, but that fan at 100% is going to send me nuts eventually (it's only been 2 days so far).

The corsair h100i, on the other hand, does work the same way you outlined above - set it up in windows and the settings are saved to the unit itself and will continue to work in a different OS

I have a Kraken X62 and for me it works like this:
Once I pull out the usb-cable the fans run at 100% and the pump also runs at 100% (and it makes no difference if I shut down the computer before disconnecting the cable (after I made settings in Windows) or directly disconnect the cable while the machine is running. No led light when the cable is disconnected but that is of no interest for me :)

I solved it like this:
I connected the two fans (replaced the originals with Noctua fans) directly to the cpu-fan header on the motherboard, those are now controlled by the BIOS.
the pump is always running at 100%, I wonder if that is a bad thing. It is not making much noise but don't know if this will reduce the lifetime. Any advice on this?
I can leave the usb cable connected but the temp is much higher in that case because the pump will not spin up when needed. But the fans will work, they do not spin up when I reboot without the usb-cable connected and the fans connected to the pump.

Don't know if this is of any use for you.....

Would like to echo for this push. I have both the Corsair Hydro h115i and the NZXT Kraken x62 and the X62 does a much better job at cooling, and looks great! Also Hardocp just put up a great review of this cooler too.

https://www.hardocp.com/article/2017/05/10/nzxt_kraken_x62_allinone_cpu_liquid_cooler_review
Hello, how does the water cooling behaves when it is under load? Is it going automaticly with the load? Because there is no software that runs under OSX for controlling the speed. Thanks

Hello, how does the water cooling behaves when it is under load? Is it going automaticly with the load? Because there is no software that runs under OSX for controlling the speed. Thanks
Disconnect the usb cable and plug the fans directly into the cpu-fan connector on the motherboard. Adjust the fan settings in the BIOS and you will have a fine working cooler.

The pump always runs at full speed but I don't think this will reduce lifetime.
All cores on my i7 6700k overclocked to 4.5Ghz at full load and the temperature remains at 80 to 83 °C, and that is cool, compare this to the latest iMac's. And I'm not using the stock fans because they are a bit noisy at full speed, but replaced them with two Noctua NF-A14 PWM fans.

The new iMac is not capable to do this, speed will drop to 4,1Ghz-4,2Ghz with temperatures at 99°C.
The new iMac with a i7 7700 can not be used at full speed 4,5Ghz with all cores at 100%, the cpu will throttle down!
I hold my breath for the new iMac Pro!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back