Contribute
Register

nⓩxtMac Pro - i9-9900k - Gigabyte Aorus z390 Pro - macOS Mojave - Sapphire Vega 64 Reference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boot in verbose and post pic of where it hangs
IMG_2743.JPG

For sound i'm using a Creative Omni Soundblaster 5.1, or HDMI audio through to my display (Arc into soundbar), so i can't really speak to that. @DenOfLore has an audio kext which seems to be successful, though. So it may be worth checking that out.

For network, i'm using the IntelMausiEthernet.kext, and I also have a Wifi/BT combo card installed that gives me native Wifi and Bluetooth.

Thanks a lot!!
I also use audio through a monitor. Test with IntelMausiEthernet.kext.
regards

MESwan - have you tried iMessage yet to see if it works?

Have you disabled the IGPU? I know I get that alot on boot if I dont disable it.. Also try in clover configurator slide=0 or add it in clover menu.
Hey boogieman77, I changed IGPU from 'auto' to 'disabled' and seems to do the trick.... thanks!

Now I have to figure out why I'm unable to get macOS to start up from Clover on my NVMe SSD.
Copied over the EFI folder and even tried MESwan's EFI folder but appear to stop when the graphics mode switches over and get a black screen.

I still need to read up on post install 'to do' and get the USB, audio, etc. working...

Thanks again,
Barry

Last edited:
Follow this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/

If followed correctly iMessage will work. I have handoff,airdrop and all working. I have given up on usb. I’ve tried and tried but no luck. I guess I’ll stick with 2.0 speeds.

Thanks, I was mostly wondering how well iMessage and other services would work if NVRAM was not present or was being emulated. I saw in another thread that @derJan had iMessage working and was only using AptioMemoryFix, so I was curious if others were having success with iMessage activation using other combinations of memory fixes, such as with EmuVariable.

Hey everyone ! I've got the same build, except for the GPU which is an RX580 Sapphire pulse. Everything seems to be ok, so far so good, except for the Quicksync. Do you guys have it enabled ?
Did you make your IGPU headless? Search for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back