Contribute
Register

nⓩxtMac Pro - i9-9900k - Gigabyte Aorus z390 Pro - macOS Mojave - Sapphire Vega 64 Reference

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly dont know on that. Where is that at?

Valley worked fine with the old system. So I know its a setting. I used a Asus board last time. Also heaven works fine. I assumed they share the same engine.

I’ve been looking. It could be the memory Xmp being turned on(No turned off and still doing it). I doubt it as it was turned on in previous build. Just a pain trying to get one thing working.

Ok it has something to do with the intel graphics on the chip. I cannot get it to properly use both intel and vega.

Apparently our iGPU is incredibly hard to configure outside of headless mode when we have an RX/Vega discrete GPU installed. AVX is in Advanced Frequency Settings on the M.I.T. page. Make sure it's 0 or Disabled.

I was up and going fully in about a 2 hour time frame. This was taking out old board and putting everything back in. Very easy the second time around as I understand the whole picture now. Hopefully between the two of us was can keep you from pulling out your hair.

Running around 80-84 degrees at 5.0GHZ. Tempting to try going on up. I might just leave it. No crashes or anything. Rendered several videos in FCPX and went smooth. Now then Dual Vega 64's? BTW I will have airdrop and handoff working tomorrow.
On my last build, the part that drove me to the mountain of madness was the USB mapping thing, which would be probably resolved with the EFI folder you've provided, and also the Quicksync (I have a RX580, not a Vega, so I'm pretty sure this is going to be a nightmare!)

On my last build, the part that drove me to the mountain of madness was the USB mapping thing, which would be probably resolved with the EFI folder you've provided, and also the Quicksync (I have a RX580, not a Vega, so I'm pretty sure this is going to be a nightmare!)
Make sure you change the serial number first thing or it might knock his or mine off Apple's servers.

Apparently our iGPU is incredibly hard to configure outside of headless mode when we have an RX/Vega discrete GPU installed. AVX is in Advanced Frequency Settings on the M.I.T. page. Make sure it's 0 or Disabled.

I am close to having both working properly. Let me test some more before I finalize both graphics working.

Hi @MESwan Thanks for replying to my question over on @blouse 's 9900k build!

I tried using your SSDT file for USB3 and it did manage to activate all the USB 3 ports - but not at USB 3 speeds.

I then tried a fresh Mojave install, and then copying your whole EFI folder - same thing, USB 3 ports are activated but not at USB 3 speeds.

I'm just wondering if you've tested your ports for USB 3 speeds? The most I'm getting is 40MB/s read/write.

Audio also wasn't working using your EFI - though @DenOfLore created and AppleALC.kext file that works perfect.

I tried using your SSDT file for USB3 and it did manage to activate all the USB 3 ports - but not at USB 3 speeds.

I then tried a fresh Mojave install, and then copying your whole EFI folder - same thing, USB 3 ports are activated but not at USB 3 speeds.

I'm just wondering if you've tested your ports for USB 3 speeds? The most I'm getting is 40MB/s read/write.

Audio also wasn't working using your EFI - though @DenOfLore created and AppleALC.kext file that works perfect.
I used his SSDT, and all mine are working and moving quite well speeds. I can tell you this I moved several 10-15 gig video files across to my USB 3 hard drive enclosure and they moved right along. I didn't pay attention to the speed but I know it wasn't that slow.. I can check when I get home. If I don't forget lol....

EDIT::::::Ok I don't know how to show the move speed. But I moved a 4.36gig file to a USB 3 drive and it took 68 seconds.

Last edited:
I used his SSDT, and all mine are working and moving quite well speeds. I can tell you this I moved several 10-15 gig video files across to my USB 3 hard drive enclosure and they moved right along. I didn't pay attention to the speed but I know it wasn't that slow.. I can check when I get home. If I don't forget lol....

EDIT::::::Ok I don't know how to show the move speed. But I moved a 4.36gig file to a USB 3 drive and it took 68 seconds.

try it when you format the USB key as APFS ;)

as in try using a USB drive formatted as APFS and love the speed it gives you (in general)

I just used blackmagic disk speed and for sure getting 40/40 so glad you pointed this out. Now to fix....... UGH

as in try using a USB drive formatted as APFS and love the speed it gives you (in general)

Ok will do.....

Edit.... Yeah it seems faster.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back