Contribute
Register

NVRAM-URGENT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new efi file doesn't seem to be working either. It appears that I am unable to run verbose mode on newer versions of clover, which may be why I can't see the error here. Is there another way to fix this? Really sorry about this:(

Maybe try pulling the Nvidia card and try running on IGPU only just to get macOS installed first.

I don't have integrated graphics in my cpu:( Is that the only way to do it?

I don't have integrated graphics in my cpu:( Is that the only way to do it?

I forgot what I had to do for an unsupported video card... Try adding the boot argument nv_disable=1.

I forgot what I had to do for an unsupported video card... Try adding the boot argument nv_disable=1.
Would this work better if I installed Sierra or Yosemite? I think nvidia is supported on them right? I thought high sierra supported nvidia, but I might be wrong. For me, the boot argument nv_disable=1 and and dart=0 are added.

Last edited:
If this doesn't work, should I try downgrading my bios? I was doing a bit of research, and found that some people who installed mojave on a msi z390 Motherboard said it worked after that. Thank you!

Would this work better if I installed Sierra or Yosemite? I think nvidia is supported on them right? I thought high sierra supported nvidia, but I might be wrong. For me, the boot argument nv_disable=1 and and dart=0 are added.

macOS never had native support for Nvidia Pascal which is what your GTX 1050 Ti is. Users had to install Nvidia's Web Drivers to get them to work.

When installing, we needed to get very basic graphics working with no acceleration whatsoever when an unsupported GPU was installed. Once macOS was installed, users had to download the Web Drivers from Nvidia and install them.

No, I don't think Nvidia had any drivers for Pascal on Yosemite.

If this doesn't work, should I try downgrading my bios? I was doing a bit of research, and found that some people who installed mojave on a msi z390 Motherboard said it worked after that. Thank you!

I don't know. I don't have any first hand experience with your motherboard.

I think it might be a good idea to start a new thread with your Nvidia issue. I really don't remember what I had to do to get macOS installed with an unsupported card. I erased that nightmare from my mind quite some time ago. Your original NVRAM issue should be resolved already.

Thank you so much for your help! It means a lot!

pastrychef, I got it to work! Thank you so much! I am planning on installing it tomorrow, as I need my pc for school today. All the credit goes to you. Thank you for everything you have done! It means a lot, and I'll let you know how the installation went.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back