Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> NVRAM Motherboards z390

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello @pastrychef
Well, the patches are basically the same that we could do from clover, unlike they are applied directly to the DSDT, they are more than 20 patches, also in many of the patches I have made them to match the hardware of my PC and behave Like a real Mac.
There used to be a user with MaciASL scripts that performed the DSDT patch, he had taken them from @RehabMan patches, customized them and grouped them so that the process was automatically.
I prefer to do everything manually but it takes many hours or days but it is better.
A search for all these patches would be the best start.

So the only thing we have to do is apply the typical ACPI patches that we would use with Clover and apply to DSDT instead to get NVRAM working?

So the only thing we have to do is apply the typical ACPI patches that we would use with Clover and apply to DSDT instead to get NVRAM working?
It is my theory, in addition to all the typical patches there are many other corrections that can be made directly to the DSDT that since Clover is impossible or very difficult to make.
We must try to obtain a patched DSDT with zero errors and warnings, that guarantees a good DSDT for our hacks.

Captura de Pantalla 2019-12-30 a la(s) 23.36.25.png

Hi, I don't have the drivers64UEF folder as seen in the original post. Can I just create it and drop the two files in? Where can I download the two files?

Will my existing files cause a conflict?

Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 1.41.52 PM.png

Hi, I don't have the drivers64UEF folder as seen in the original post. Can I just create it and drop the two files in? Where can I download the two files?

Will my existing files cause a conflict?

View attachment 454341

You have a Z270 motherboard. NVRAM should be working for you. You don't have to do anything extra.

Nope, have an ASUS PRIME Z390-A

Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 10.32.40 PM.png

If you are using Z390, just use the NVRAM fix instead of using emulated NVRAM.

SSDT-PMC and slide=0 boot argument should be all you need.

View attachment 454381

If you are using Z390, just use the NVRAM fix instead of using emulated NVRAM.

SSDT-PMC and slide=0 boot argument should be all you need.
Lol had no idea that was there
Sorry, not savvy enough to follow your instructions. Can you please offer more detail? Thank you.

Lol had no idea that was there
Sorry, not savvy enough to follow your instructions. Can you please offer more detail? Thank you.

Z370 has working NVRAM.

Z390 needs several things for working NVRAM:
  1. unlocked MSR
  2. SSDT-PMC.aml
  3. "slide=0" boot argument in config.plist

Asus motherboards have MSR unlocked from the factory so you don't have to worry about that.
Download the SSDT-PMC.aml file and put it in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/.
Add "slide=0" (without the quotes) to config.plsit > Boot > Arguments.

perfect, thank you. few last questions , where do I download SSDT-PMC.aml and do you see any file conflicts across my EFI?

Screen Shot 2020-03-14 at 12.17.28 AM.png

perfect, thank you. few last questions , where do I download SSDT-PMC.aml and do you see any file conflicts across my EFI?

View attachment 454409

You can take it from one of my Z390 EFI folders from my Z390 build thread. Link is below in my signature.

Just delete EmuVariableUefi after you fix NVRAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back