Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> NVRAM Motherboards z390

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean this?:
Code:
iMac-i7-3:~ luckyal$ nvram -p
efi-boot-device    <array><dict><key>IOMatch</key><dict><key>IOProviderClass</key><string>IOMedia</string><key>IOPropertyMatch</key><dict><key>UUID</key><string>4B03873D-3A57-4B79-A2B6-1439B375614E</string></dict></dict></dict></array>
fmm-computer-name    iMac i7
security-mode    none
SystemAudioVolumeDB    %f0
EFILoginHiDPI    %01%00%00%00
SystemAudioVolume    A
EmuVariableUefiPresent    Yes
efi-boot-device-data    %02%01%0c%00%d0A%03%0a%00%00%00%00%01%01%06%00%00%1b%01%01%06%00%00%00%03%17%10%00%01%00%00%00dy%a7%1c%93%016F%04%01*%00%02%00%00%00(@%06%00%00%00%00%00`%a2%89%df%00%00%00%00=%87%03KW:yK%a2%b6%149%b3uaN%02%02%04%03$%00%f7%fct%be|%0b%f3I%91G%01%f4%04.hB%18%fe`(%ae%16%f3I%a3%fc%14%05%e6La%9d%7f%ff%04%00
csr-active-config    g%00%00%00
specialbootdevice    %02%01%0c%00%d0A%03%0a%00%00%00%00%01%01%06%00%00%1b%01%01%06%00%00%00%03%17%10%00%01%00%00%00dy%a7%1c%93%016F%04%01*%00%02%00%00%00(@%06%00%00%00%00%00`%a2%89%df%00%00%00%00=%87%03KW:yK%a2%b6%149%b3uaN%02%02%04%03$%00%f7%fct%be|%0b%f3I%91G%01%f4%04.hB%18%fe`(%ae%16%f3I%a3%fc%14%05%e6La%9d%7f%ff%04%00
I'm thinking of removing EmuVariableUefi-64.efi from drivers64UEFI folder, so that I can test things out but I'm afraid to screw things up. I would also have to figure out how to uninstall RC Scripts before I try and run the NVRAM validation test.

Yes, some systems have a lot more info than that... Info such as Backlight and Bluetooth info so that you don't lose settings or boot volume info which is handy for macOS updates.

In the past, the setting to use Nvidia web drivers were also stored in NVRAM. By setting this in NVRAM, I didn't have to set anything in config.plist.

I would also have to figure out how to uninstall RC Scripts before I try and run the NVRAM validation test
The RC scripts alone will have no bearing on the NVRAM test, there is no need to uninstall them and indeed some say that it is beneficial to have them installed.

@DexterOX give me your address I will send you a new mainboard ... you win that ...

any test , with any combination of files , with any BIOS version, with any and any ... whatever , result NO NATIVE NVRAM for any z390 mainboard ... who says he has native nvram ,please, I want to prove it ... thank you ...

edit: with z390 mainboard , Radeon 7 work at 8x , not at 16x ... another "improvement"

Last edited:
you dont have native nvram ...I buy today same mainboard, update bios to 1005 and NO NATIVE NVRAM... :((((((((
check if you have emulate and script installed ...

I'm NOT confirm native nvram under z390 mainboard ... I try many,many mainboard ...MSI, ASUS, GIGABYTE ...none have native nvram ... with any bios version ...

today you made me a loss of 400 euros ... and if I did not ask you twice ...

i have now 7 ( seven) z390 mainboard and none to use me
Friend, I can tell you that I have made 3 macOS Mojave vanilla installations, without using third-party tools, without installing any additional kext to those really necessary for me, AppleALC, IntelMausiEthernet, Lilu and FakeSMC.

NVRAM completely native.

Friend, I can tell you that I have made 3 macOS Mojave vanilla installations, without using third-party tools, without installing any additional kext to those really necessary for me, AppleALC, IntelMausiEthernet, Lilu and FakeSMC.

NVRAM completely native.

why do not you want to share the efi folder?...as somebody said before, you're the only one in the hackintosh community that says it's native nvram on z390 mainboard ...

Non Volatile Random Access Memory is memory that stores values that survive between OS boots and when the computer is powered off in a similar way to the CMOS settings for the BIOS/UEFI.

Native NVRAM is preferred because it is easier and more like a real Mac.
Emulated NVRAM is only required when native NVRAM is not available.

That is precisely the confusion that lead @DexterOX to state that he had native NVRAM support when he was in fact emulating it which in turn caused @corint1 to needlessly waste another 400€.
Friend I am not confused and do not tell me that I made anyone spend money, I know very well the difference between NVRAM Emulated and native NVRAM, when I created this port if I should use emulated NVRAM, then I discovered that I had native NVRAM when updating Clover, I decided make a clean installation and surprise, NVRAM native was present.

Friend I am not confused and do not tell me that I made anyone spend money, I know very well the difference between NVRAM Emulated and native NVRAM, when I created this port if I should use emulated NVRAM, then I discovered that I had native NVRAM when updating Clover, I decided make a clean installation and surprise, NVRAM native was present.

share your efi folder ...in 10 min I say if you are right or no ... if you do not, that means you do not know what you're talking about ...clean installation means what in your mind?

You do not have native NVRAM support, AptioMemoryFix-64.efi is providing that function for you.
To confirm you should replace AptioMemoryFix-64.efi with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi without EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and Test.

why do not you want to share the efi folder?...as somebody said before, you're the only one in the hackintosh community that says it's native nvram on z390 mainboard ...
I have already shared my EFI folder before, but I will definitely do it again, I am not at home right now to share it.
I'm not the only one with native NVRAM there are many others.
I also tell you that I use a DSDT with all the patches and corrections, this undoubtedly brings me closer to a real Mac, maybe this will help native NVRAM, maybe the other users with native NVRAM will also use patched DSDT, but anyway I will try with and without my DSDT and see if it breaks the NVRAM ,.
As soon as I am home I will upload my EFI again.

I have already shared my EFI folder before, but I will definitely do it again, I am not at home right now to share it.
I'm not the only one with native NVRAM there are many others.
I also tell you that I use a DSDT with all the patches and corrections, this undoubtedly brings me closer to a real Mac, maybe this will help native NVRAM, maybe the other users with native NVRAM will also use patched DSDT, but anyway I will try with and without my DSDT and see if it breaks the NVRAM ,.
As soon as I am home I will upload my EFI again.

i'm looking forward to your efi folder ... I suspect like many others

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back