Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z77X UP5-TH
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
RX 580
What kind of error is this...?? Should I be worried...??

Screenshot 2019-12-06 at 11.58.45 PM.png

You may need to dig deeper and see if your NVRAM is working, but you can literally ignore that warning from tinkertool. It literally just means your Mac will scan for bootable volumes on each boot, that’s all.
Hmm interesting... I guess for the same reason clover screen is delaying a little bit.

As you suggested I'll dig deeper in that matter, but I'll really appreciate if you could share a good link to read on this issue.

What kind of error is this...?? Should I be worried...??

@amitkool21,

On A hackintosh it does not matter that the startup drive is not defined in NVRAM ... its actually quite common unless you use something like EFI Agent :-

On a PC you configure the Clover boot volume in the PC's BIOS .. which then boots clover, clover then boots MacOS as per your config.plist thus even if the boot volume variable is in NVRAM it is not used.

On a Genuine Mac the BOOT ROM EFI checks the NVRAM for the boot volume, if its missing it then scans all volumes and presents a list, On a Genuine Mac you set the boot volume via System Prefs -> Startup Disk.

As Tinker Tool is optimised for use on a genuine MAC it throws up that warning ... as it does no know it's running on a PC. You can safely ignore the warning ...

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back