Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MAXIMUS IX HERO
CPU
i7-7700K @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
GTX 1070 SC2
Hi,

I updated smoothly from 10.12.6 to 10.13.2, but now the macOS takes twice as much to boot, I also get an APFS text before entering Clover. I think it may be ACPI related, don't really know much about this kind of troubleshooting, hope you guys can help me accelerate the boot times back to normal.

Photo:
Verbose.jpeg

Problem Solving Files attached.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 960 EVO HS Boot Problem.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 89
@RehabMan I tried changing SSDTs to the "PluginType=1" one but that seems to not be the problem. Any ideas?

Hi,

I updated smoothly from 10.12.6 to 10.13.2, but now the macOS takes twice as much to boot, I also get an APFS text before entering Clover. I think it may be ACPI related, don't really know much about this kind of troubleshooting, hope you guys can help me accelerate the boot times back to normal.

Photo:
View attachment 299472

Thanks!

Re-install on HFS+J instead of APFS.

Hi,

Photo:
View attachment 299472

Thanks!
Hi, Could you please tell me how it is solved. I have checked your config file, did not find special parts related to the slow booting.

Hi, Could you please tell me how it is solved. I have checked your config file, did not find special parts related to the slow booting.
Slow boot of less than 10 seconds added time with a non-Apple SSD is 'normal', it may get fixed at some point. If you wish remove TRIM kext patches or enabler kexts, and/or re-run 'trimforce' command to disable TRIM. Or live with the slower boot. If the boot is really slow, see RehabMan's post at #3 for the solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back