Contribute
Register

NVMe Power management support - APST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still not working even though both lilu and nvmefix are loading. ****ing useless ****

Hi
I installed NVMEFix in /L/E but I don't get the NVMePMProxy in IOReg. The kext seems to load ok though and apst is set to true.

I tried to install the debug version of NVMEFix and added -nvmefdbg to Clover's boot args but the only messages I got are:

2020-04-15 15:24:26.734776+1000 localhost kernel[0]: (Lilu) <Lilu`lilu_os_log> NVMeFix init: @ (DBG) NVMeFix bootstrap DBG-102-2020-04-06
2020-04-15 15:24:26.737030+1000 localhost kernel[0]: (Lilu) <Lilu`lilu_os_log> NVMeFix nvmef: @ (DBG) Registered for matching notifications

I used this query:

log show --predicate 'process == "kernel" AND (eventMessage CONTAINS "NVMe")' --style syslog --source

Any idea?
Thanks

I installed NVMEFix in /L/E but I don't get the NVMePMProxy in IOReg. The kext seems to load ok though and apst is set to true.

I tried to install the debug version of NVMEFix and added -nvmefdbg to Clover's boot args

I did try installing the Debug Enhancer, and re-installing the debug version of NVMEFix but no luck...No NVMePMProxy
and still only this in the logs

2020-04-26 09:56:43.456769+1000 localhost kernel[0]: (Lilu) <Lilu`lilu_os_log> NVMeFix init: @ (DBG) NVMeFix bootstrap DBG-102-2020-04-06 2020-04-26 09:56:43.456774+1000 localhost kernel[0]: (Lilu) <Lilu`lilu_os_log> NVMeFix nvmef: @ (DBG) Registered for matching notifications

I guess it just isn't loading properly in my system.

I did try installing the Debug Enhancer, and re-installing the debug version of NVMEFix but no luck...No NVMePMProxy
and still only this in the logs

2020-04-26 09:56:43.456769+1000 localhost kernel[0]: (Lilu) <Lilu`lilu_os_log> NVMeFix init: @ (DBG) NVMeFix bootstrap DBG-102-2020-04-06 2020-04-26 09:56:43.456774+1000 localhost kernel[0]: (Lilu) <Lilu`lilu_os_log> NVMeFix nvmef: @ (DBG) Registered for matching notifications

I guess it just isn't loading properly in my system.
I have exactly the same problem. Are you able to get any debug output?

Hi. No I wasn't able to. However I am using NVMEFix 1.0.4 with latest LILU and OpenCore and battery life has improved so it must be working somehow.

I think the debugging problem is common as per thread on InsanelyMac
I have the same Laptop as you do, the X1C6. I am not able to see the PMProxy, or APST on both of my SSD. So I have no idea if NVMEFix is working or not. The link you showed me is related to OC, they are saying Clover can print stuff. I have NVMeFix running on my HP laptop with Clover, everything is great (although I have different SSD, so really not sure where the problem is).

The link you showed me is related to OC, they are saying Clover can print stuff.
The last few posts talk about OC, but earlier in the thread another guy complained about the same issue.
I had Clover at the time. I think it has to do with the SSD, as we both have Samsung 970 Evo.

Someone posted some Power Gadgets screenshots, that may be one way to measure if it's working with this kext.
I just measured average battery life, and with a similar workload I get about 45-60 more minutes with the kext on.

The last few posts talk about OC, but earlier in the thread another guy complained about the same issue.
I had Clover at the time. I think it has to do with the SSD, as we both have Samsung 970 Evo.

Someone posted some Power Gadgets screenshots, that may be one way to measure if it's working with this kext.
I just measured average battery life, and with a similar workload I get about 45-60 more minutes with the kext on.
Are you using PM981 as well? Did you use HackNVMeFamily or simply the NVMefix kext? I have it as my second ssd, using NVMefix by itself resulting in very strange bench mark. like 10M writing for queued writing test.

Are you using PM981 as well?
Nah, it didn't work at all when I built my machine and I just swapped it over with another computer.
I'm not using HackNVMeFamily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back