Contribute
Register

NVISEN Y-MU01 i7-8565U Mini PC Build Possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
NUC10i5FNK
CPU
Core i5 10th Gen i5-10210U
Graphics
Intel UHD Graphics 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi I got a NVISEN Y-MU01 i7-8565U a little while ago.

I tried to follow the standard install procedure for Mojave, but I haven't been able to get through to the OS yet. It dies somewhere in the boot process. I attached a photo of the verbose output.

I'm not sure what motherboard or chipsets it has and I can't find any detailed spec sheets. The BIOS is AMI but is really stripped down and not have very many options compared to a regular desktop motherboard.

In windows I ran Intel Driver & Support Assistant and downloaded the Detailed System Report which I also attached.

I know I haven't provided much information but does anyone know if it's possible to run mac os on this hardware?

Attachments

• verbose.jpg
    verbose.jpg
    722.5 KB · Views: 535
  • Intel® Driver & Support Assistant - Detailed Report.pdf
    41.3 KB · Views: 708
I have exactly this machine and have Mojave running on it. Problem is I bought it on EBay as a hackintosh with Catalina pre-installed. I downgraded to Mojave by erasing the HD, installing the OS and copying the Clover folder over. Now it runs "fine" with Mojave but there are a lot of things I don't like. The UHD 620 is (wrongly?) recognized as a Iris Pro 655(?) and performance is not much better than a mini hack with a 7600T and an Intel HD 630 iGPU. Maybe the wrong recognition is the cause here and I would like to improve that. For both mini hacks I used a MBP SMBIOS (MBP14,2 and 15,2 if memory serves).

The bigger problem is that one CPU core is always running at 100% and the fan is spinning accordingly. One possible explanation could be that the M2 S-ATA SSD is shown to overheat at 32xxx deg C. Another possible cause could be that AppleHDA is not patched yet - I copied only the Clover folder but did not check for AppleHDA patches. I only saw that AppleHDA Patcher and Codec Commander were installed, so I assume that AppleHDA was patched (ALC269). AppleALC is also used (layout ID: 28). Audio as such works fine (using headphone jack, HDMI audio is installed too but I am not interested in that).

All in all I don't like the existing Clover setup. The config is quite messy (relative to the configs I use for my hackintoshes, which always have the cleanest config possible), a lot of ACPI files (probably dumped via F4), framebuffer patches and a lot of conflicting kexts. At some point I'd like to redo everything but it will be the toughest setup I ever had. My hope was that it would work like with the 7600T (mainboard is a Gigabyte H270N-Wifi): as soon as I use the correct SMBIOS (MacBook Pro instead of MacMini or iMac) things would just fall into place. Alas, they didn't.

I have exactly this machine and have Mojave running on it. Problem is I bought it on EBay as a hackintosh with Catalina pre-installed. I downgraded to Mojave by erasing the HD, installing the OS and copying the Clover folder over. Now it runs "fine" with Mojave but there are a lot of things I don't like. The UHD 620 is (wrongly?) recognized as a Iris Pro 655(?) and performance is not much better than a mini hack with a 7600T and an Intel HD 630 iGPU. Maybe the wrong recognition is the cause here and I would like to improve that. For both mini hacks I used a MBP SMBIOS (MBP14,2 and 15,2 if memory serves).

The bigger problem is that one CPU core is always running at 100% and the fan is spinning accordingly. One possible explanation could be that the M2 S-ATA SSD is shown to overheat at 32xxx deg C. Another possible cause could be that AppleHDA is not patched yet - I copied only the Clover folder but did not check for AppleHDA patches. I only saw that AppleHDA Patcher and Codec Commander were installed, so I assume that AppleHDA was patched (ALC269). AppleALC is also used (layout ID: 28). Audio as such works fine (using headphone jack, HDMI audio is installed too but I am not interested in that).

All in all I don't like the existing Clover setup. The config is quite messy (relative to the configs I use for my hackintoshes, which always have the cleanest config possible), a lot of ACPI files (probably dumped via F4), framebuffer patches and a lot of conflicting kexts. At some point I'd like to redo everything but it will be the toughest setup I ever had. My hope was that it would work like with the 7600T (mainboard is a Gigabyte H270N-Wifi): as soon as I use the correct SMBIOS (MacBook Pro instead of MacMini or iMac) things would just fall into place. Alas, they didn't.

Can you share EFI folder and Bios settings please?
thanks

BIOS settings I can't say - the options are reduced and I didn't change them anyway. CLOVER folder attached.

Attachments

• 20200128CLOVER.zip
    6 MB · Views: 432
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back