Graphics
HD 4600 & RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Hi,
anyone else got issues with the Nvidia Webdriver ?

Last edited:
Hi,
anyone else got issues with the Nvidia Webdriver ?
It's crashing ALL your audio apps? What apps are you using?

I have 2 different builds, both running NVIDIA cards (well, one is NVIDIA GTX 970, the other is EVGA GTX 970). Both run Pro Tools | HD (HD|Native card & Pro Tools HD|I/O) and Logic X just fine. I have a TON of VSTs, including Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, Spectrasonics stuff (Trillion, Atmosphere, RMX), Ivory, etc. No problems whatsoever with crashing, let alone due to Web drivers.

If you cannot resolve your GPU issue, you may need to look at an AMD card - there is a whole bunch of discussions, including a pinned thread talking about which cards work OoB, and which ones to avoid. Or if you can pinpoint which app is causing the crashes, maybe uninstall that one & see if that fixes your problem. If it does, you may have some hard choices to make..

jkO6G7S.png

I tried it so far in Logic X and NI Maschine

Last edited:
For what it's worth, Avenger works fine on my Z170x with El Cap and old AMD6870. In Cubase and Logic.
Interesting, since the last update it works much better now here, before that it just crashed just on every GUI open /close.

And I am not the only one, I had a discussion with other guys who were even using old Xeon Mac's.

Last edited:
With the iGPU anything is much more reliable here by now.

Last edited:
I have replaced my MSI GTX780 Ti now with a Sapphire RX580 Nitro+, anything works much smoother now and reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back