Contribute
Register

Nvidia WebDriver and OS-X 10.10.2 build (14C1514) new on 19-03-2015?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97M-DS3H
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
GTX-1660 Super
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hallo all,
Yesterday i tried to install the Nvidia webdriver on to my OS-X 10.10.2 system. I did the security update before so i did know the build version would go up. It did but not to (14C1510) but to (14C1514)!!!! Arggghh! So what can i do now? The driver won't install on this build. Why is the build so important for the installer? Isn't this build sheck easy to remove/bypass?

Hallo all,
Yesterday i tried to install the Nvidia webdriver on to my OS-X 10.10.2 system. I did the security update before so i did know the build version would go up. It did but not to (14C1510) but to (14C1514)!!!! Arggghh! So what can i do now? The driver won't install on this build. Why is the build so important for the installer? Isn't this build sheck easy to remove/bypass?

Have you tried this : http://us.download.nvidia.com/Mac/Quadro_Certified/343.02.02f03/WebDriver-343.02.02f03.pkg

If the above failing, then change the OS X build version.

Open /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist with a text editor or plist editor.

If you are opening through Text editor, make change as mentioned below

<key>ProductBuildVersion</key>
<string>14C1510</string>

Save the file. Reboot OS X. Then try to install the above linked package.

If you are opening through plist editor, make change as mentioned below
Screen Shot 2015-03-20 at 2.16.01 pm.png

Good Luck...!

Hey nice!
Thanks Jithin! Definitely going to try that when i am back at my HackMac. Or is it better/more easy to install old OS-X and leave security update for what it is????:angel:

Security Update 2015-003

iCloud Keychain
Available for: OS X Yosemite v10.10.2
Impact: An attacker with a privileged network position may be able to execute arbitrary code
Description: Multiple buffer overflows existed in the handling of data during iCloud Keychain recovery. These issues were addressed through improved bounds checking.
CVE-ID
CVE-2015-1065 : Andrey Belenko of NowSecure

IOSurface
Available for: OS X Yosemite v10.10.2
Impact: A malicious application may be able to execute arbitrary code with system privileges
Description: A type confusion issue existed in IOSurface's handling of serialized objects. The issue was addressed through additional type checking.
CVE-ID
CVE-2015-1061 : Ian Beer of Google Project Zero

Read here for more information : https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204563

If the above failing, then change the OS X build version.

Open /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist with a text editor or plist editor.

If you are opening through Text editor, make change as mentioned below

<key>ProductBuildVersion</key>
<string>14C1510</string>

If you are opening through plist editor, make change as mentioned below
View attachment 131059

Good Luck...!

Hi I tried this method, did as you say above and the driver 343.02.03fo3 says it installed ok, but I still get an error saying it is incompatible, and reboot does not fix, any ideas ?

Hi I tried this method, did as you say above and the driver 343.02.03fo3 says it installed ok, but I still get an error saying it is incompatible, and reboot does not fix, any ideas ?

Sorry I meant 343.02.02f03

Open /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartup.kext/Contents/Info.plist and check what is the version mentioned under <key>NVDARequiredOS</key>

HTML:
So, I tried changing both the SystemVersion.plist and the NVIDIA kext file to match build numbers, however it keeps saying that it is incompatible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back