Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
laptop-GL502VS
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
GTX 1070 8GB
Hi! As I said in the title, Nvidia drivers just won't work. I used Benjamin's "nvidia-update" which in my opinion worked just fine - I have the driver manager installed and selected Nvidia Web driver in the menu - but still, there is no acceleration and the "about this Mac" info says that I'm currently running on "display 7 MB" graphics. What should I do? Thanks

Hi @mattodinaturas , were you ever able to solve this issue?
I've been trying to switch to OC for a while, but unfortunately I can't get the Nvidia Web Drivers to work either....
Did you have to go down the Clover route?

Hi @mattodinaturas , were you ever able to solve this issue?
I've been trying to switch to OC for a while, but unfortunately I can't get the Nvidia Web Drivers to work either....
Did you have to go down the Clover route?

Hi there.

The web-drivers are installed as normal Mac software. Clover or OpenCore does not influence them unless you spoof a different GPU.

The OPs problem was more likely caused by NVRAM not holding the driver settings.

Search the site for NVRAM testing and install emulation if necessary.

:)

The OPs problem was more likely caused by NVRAM not holding the driver settings.

Thanks @UtterDisbelief but I ran the NVRAM test through terminal (where you store a value with sudo nvram TestVar=HelloWorld, reboot, then recall the value) and it seems to be working just fine...

I've also tried what was suggested in this post and the web drivers are still not getting picked up during boot.

I'm stumped... :think:

Thanks @UtterDisbelief but I ran the NVRAM test through terminal (where you store a value with sudo nvram TestVar=HelloWorld, reboot, then recall the value) and it seems to be working just fine...

I've also tried what was suggested in this post and the web drivers are still not getting picked up during boot.

I'm stumped... :think:

Okay, sorry to hear that. However ...

The OP was talking about a Laptop as this is a laptop forum. Your Profile shows an X299 motherboard PC.

Please clarify what hardware we are talking about so we can try to help more. It may be we should move this discussion to Desktop Support.

Okay, sorry to hear that. However ...

The OP was talking about a Laptop as this is a laptop forum. Your Profile shows an X299 motherboard PC.

Please clarify what hardware we are talking about so we can try to help more. It may be we should move this discussion to Desktop Support.

Thanks @UtterDisbelief, my hardware is in my signature.

I've started a thread about this here, and I've been looking into this issue here as well.

Thanks @UtterDisbelief, my hardware is in my signature.

I've started a thread about this here, and I've been looking into this issue here as well.

Right.

Please continue using your own thread in HS support. Not being a laptop your posts are "off topic" here. The OP has not been back since the beginning of November 20.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back