Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Web Drivers for 10.9.x Mavericks Found!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I´m in the process of upgrading to Mavericks and also have a GTX 570.
Just wanted to ask wether i should install the nvidia drivers or keep the default drivers.

I didn´t change my system for a long time and can´t remember all the details :)
Do i still have to set graphicsenabler=yes ?

Thanks for your help!

I installed the web drivers using these instructions but I'm still getting poor performance in Cinebench (I've already modified AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext). I'm on a GA-Z77-DS3H, i5-2500K, and a Gigabyte GTX 770OC GPU (which I believe is a kepler GPU).

When I select the web driver from the drop down menu, I get this:
View attachment 82946
It still says it's going to start up with the OS X Default Graphics Driver no matter what I click. Same thing with doing it through the preference pane.

Anybody have any ideas?

Use nvda_drv=1

if it fixes your issue, then place this in your Kernel Flags in org.chameleon.boot.plist.

Example (Only insert nvda_drv=1):

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0 npci=0x2000 nvda_drv=1</string>

I´m in the process of upgrading to Mavericks and also have a GTX 570.
Just wanted to ask wether i should install the nvidia drivers or keep the default drivers.

I didn´t change my system for a long time and can´t remember all the details :)
Do i still have to set graphicsenabler=yes ?

Thanks for your help!

Your GPU has a FERMI Architecture. Yes, you'll need GraphicsEnabler=Yes :p

Paste this in your org.chameleon.boot.plist:

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Any idea why my luxmark score is so low ? I'm using GTX 770 4gb OC web drivers are loaded and also nvda_drv=1 is on boot.plist

Code:
[FONT=Menlo]$ kextstat | grep -y nvidia[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]  101    2 0xffffff7f82397000 0x2a7000   0x2a7000   com.nvidia.web.NVDAResmanWeb (8.2.7) <90 78 74 11 7 5 4 3 1>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]  102    0 0xffffff7f8263e000 0x1cb000   0x1cb000   com.nvidia.web.NVDAGK100HalWeb (8.2.7) <101 11 4 3>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]  104    0 0xffffff7f82809000 0x8f000    0x8f000    com.nvidia.web.GeForceWeb (8.2.7) <103 101 90 74 11 7 5 4 3 1>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]  116    0 0xffffff7f819f7000 0x2000     0x2000     com.nvidia.CUDA (1.1.0) <4 1>
[/FONT]

And my luxmark is a constant 694 ~ 697 score.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-10 at 4.42.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-06-10 at 4.42.48 PM.png
    874.8 KB · Views: 244
To everyone trying to install with a system definition not on a Mac Pro:
  • Copy the latest webdriver package to your desktop
  • Use the terminal commands to expand the .pkg into a folder called WebDriver (do not make the folder yourself - terminal will sort that for you)
  • Make the required edit
  • Repackage and install

Open terminal and type:
Code:
pkgutil --expand ~/Desktop/WebDriver-334.01.01f01.pkg ~/Desktop/WebDriver

Open up your newly created folder 'WebDriver' on your desktop and search for the distrubtion file, edit with TextWrangler/Text Edit and change var found_hardware = 0 to:
Code:
[COLOR=#000000]var found_hardware = 1[/COLOR]

Now that we have made the edit, need to repackage the installer. Remove the original .pkg from your desktop and type:
Code:
pkgutil --flatten ~/Desktop/WebDriver ~/Desktop/WebDriver-334.01.01f01.pkg

You have now edited the .pkg installer to prevent from checking if you have the correct system definition!

This worked for me, but it said that the driver isn't compatible with osx version 10.10. In the distribution file I changed it to 10,10 and build 14A238x to get it to install. On reboot I get error saying my version of OSX isnt supported and it uses the default driver. Any other driver file to modify to make this work?

To everyone trying to install with a system definition not on a Mac Pro:
  • Copy the latest webdriver package to your desktop
  • Use the terminal commands to expand the .pkg into a folder called WebDriver (do not make the folder yourself - terminal will sort that for you)
  • Make the required edit
  • Repackage and install

Open terminal and type:
Code:
pkgutil --expand ~/Desktop/WebDriver-334.01.01f01.pkg ~/Desktop/WebDriver

Open up your newly created folder 'WebDriver' on your desktop and search for the distrubtion file, edit with TextWrangler/Text Edit and change var found_hardware = 0 to:
Code:
[COLOR=#000000]var found_hardware = 1[/COLOR]

Now that we have made the edit, need to repackage the installer. Remove the original .pkg from your desktop and type:
Code:
pkgutil --flatten ~/Desktop/WebDriver ~/Desktop/WebDriver-334.01.01f01.pkg

You have now edited the .pkg installer to prevent from checking if you have the correct system definition!

Thank you !

Or if you dont like to use the terminal just use :
https://www.charlessoft.com

Hi guys. I'm trying to install 334.01.02.f02 but just before the end it shows me an error message that the package wasn't installed correctly - without saying why. Do you know if there is a log file saved anywhere. And is there a way to find out if my NVS3100M is even supported by this package?

Cheers

Edit: The drivers itself installed correctly and are used now. However the Nvidia Driver Manager is not working. Is there a way to manually re-install the Manager itself? The installer package always ends with an error message.

Edit2: I found out with the help of the install log that some kexts have been incompatible with the pkg. I removed then and finally could install the drivers and the prefpane.

i have no idea what it means but the number is high :p

Single EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX 2GB

cheers :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-01 at 22.30.05.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-10-01 at 22.30.05.jpg
    646.5 KB · Views: 201
ok this on the other hand is horrible, right?

EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX 2GB

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-01 at 23.14.36.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-10-01 at 23.14.36.jpg
    495.5 KB · Views: 358
Hi All,

I have a long delay / spinning beachball after login when starting my system.

I'm running a fresh install of Mavericks 10.9.5 with an Nvidia GTX 660 card. I've installed on a spare Intel SSD drive.

My install version was 10.9.4. I immediately installed the Nvidia drivers version 334.01.03f01. I then installed the 10.9.5 combo updater. After the 10.9.5 update the Nvidia drivers updated automatically to the latest version.

With the native OS X drivers, my GPU clock gets stuck at full speed after using Quicklook or any Open CL based application. After installing the Nvidia drivers, that issue is fixed (thank goodness!).

But now it seems I have another issue - with the Nvidia drivers enabled, I get a spinning beachball, or just an unresponsive system for 45-60 seconds. During this time the Nvidia logo has not yet been displayed on the menu bar. After about a minute, the Nvidia logo appears, and the system works fine.

If I enable the OS X drivers, then I get no beachball/hang after login. But the GPU locks to full power after Quicklook :/

It's not the end of the world, but it IS pretty frustrating after a while.

Has this happened to anyone else? Can perhaps anyone give me pointers on what to look at the fix the issue?

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back