Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Web Drivers for 10.9.x Mavericks Found!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any reports on 4k resolution support? I was disappointed to find that my Seiki 39" can't do native res in Mac.

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 OC 3GB DDR5 384 Bit - NOT SUPPORTED!
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 3071 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x1004
Revision ID: 0x00a1
ROM Revision: VBIOS 80.80.21.00.39

Screen Shot 2014-02-07 at 08.30.08.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-02-07 at 08.22.50.png
    Screen Shot 2014-02-07 at 08.22.50.png
    58.8 KB · Views: 658
Yes, boot with nv_disable=1, download and install the web drivers, then reboot.. then boot one last time with nv_disable=1, once in your desktop, at the top you should see the Nvidia logo.. click that once then select to use the Nvidia driver, then reboot and you will be able to get in to OS X without using nv_disable=1

Unfortunately I booted without the flag the second time and it got to the desktop. Resolution as expected 2560x1440 but sys info states unknown gfx card with 0 GB of ram. So i rebooted again, saw the nvidia icon, selected it, rebooted

Working on GTX 460!
Installed by booting with nv_disable=1, installing the package, rebooting with nv_disable=1 then selecting the web drivers from the menu bar and rebooting a final time for success. Thank you!

Chipset Model: Gainward GeForce GTX 460
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
Slot: Slot-1
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 768 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0e23
Revision ID: 0x00a1
ROM Revision: 70.04.29.00.G0

Just like the port by Mari0, I'm getting the same screens on my Mavericks but with my 650Ti Boost listed as not supported.

using the steps outlined by Reconalpha, i've successfully installed the web drivers. no major difference in the bench marks i've run before and after. i did feel some improvement in the interface/desktop speeds and in loading my projects on Photoshop CC.

Thanks for sharing the info guys!

Seed is installed. Installed these web drivers. Cannot report any difference between before and after using the Luxmark benchmark. I do have the non-working CUDA driver installed so there is no way to see if this improves with a later version of CUDA.

Would a gtx770 user on 10.9.1 have any use for this driver?

Yes, I have 770 4gb.
Works perfect in FCX, and all the software, except DaVinci Resolve, that require Cuda that the nvidia driver cancelled when you set " use nvidia drivers"
I changed for OSX driver and everything was the same.

The problem with the driver is that you lose CUDA support.
Then... what's the benefit of the driver? I don't have any issues so what could be improved?

I have a GTX660 2GB with OOB support and CUDA driver for better performance in Adobe Creative Cloud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back