Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Web Drivers for 10.9.x Mavericks Found!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus X99 Deluxe
CPU
E5-2697v3
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
  3. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello all -
Guys over on the Netkas forums have reverse engineered the NVIDIA Web Driver updater and acquired the package to 10.9.1 NVIDIA web drivers.
Not sure if this link has been posted here already, or if NVIDIA will take this package down, but here it is. As always, these drivers are experimental, and 100% beta at the moment, but I can confirm functionality on both my Mac Pro and Hackintosh both running a GTX 660 2GB OC.
http://us.download.nvidia.com/dMfCTEwWd5bvEIglG4b8ya6U4erhZeeC/WebDriver-331.01.01b07.pkg

This is also an OpenCL, GL, and Crash fix for GK110B based GPUs.

Happy Hacking!
-IC

10.9.1/2 Web Drivers

Downloaded and tested on my MacPro system

780 TI still shows as :

NVIDIA Chip Model:

Brikkesettmodell: NVIDIA Chip Model
Type: GPU
Buss: PCIe
Plass: Slot-1
PCIe-banebredde: x16
Leverandør: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Enhets-ID: 0x100a
Revisjons-ID: 0x00a1
ROM-revisjon: preset 1.0.0

Eddit :

My bad, I messed up the boot flags .

/A

10.9.1/2 Web Drivers

Hello all -
Guys over on the Netkas forums have reverse engineered the NVIDIA Web Driver updater and acquired the package to 10.9.1 NVIDIA web drivers.
Not sure if this link has been posted here already, or if NVIDIA will take this package down, but here it is. As always, these drivers are experimental, and 100% beta at the moment, but I can confirm functionality on both my Mac Pro and Hackintosh both running a GTX 660 2GB OC.
http://us.download.nvidia.com/dMfCTEwWd5bvEIglG4b8ya6U4erhZeeC/WebDriver-331.01.01b07.pkg

This is also an OpenCL, GL, and Crash fix for GK110B based GPUs.

Happy Hacking!
-IC

Have tested this with great success. The problem with the driver is that you lose CUDA support. But on the netkas forum is also a small simple hack that makes it possible to use both CUDA and OpenCL: D
Tested with gtx780 REV.B chip on Mavericks 10.9.1

Luxmark score
Screen Shot 2014-02-04 at 10.44.02.jpg

10.9.1/2 Web Drivers

OK, got some scores of the 780TI

First off is a MacPro 5.1
780ti score.jpg

This is the "new" Mac Pro with Dual D500
image (1).jpg

This is the New MacPro with a single D500 score.

image.jpg

Best
Andreas

The problem with the driver is that you lose CUDA support. But on the netkas forum is also a small simple hack that makes it possible to use both CUDA and OpenCL: D

Do you have a link? Cannot find anything.

I'm using a GTX 580 with GraphicsEnabler=Yes but getting very poor performance from it. Final Cut Pro X is very laggy and i'm getting just 18fps on Cinebench. Are these new drivers likely to improve things? Thanks.

I believe that the drivers are designed for Kepler GPUs. The past web drivers have been for 600 and 700 series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back