Contribute
Register

Nvidia Web Drivers Fail to Load After Gigabyte F20 BIOS Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking of swapping even before this happened. Last straw for me. I've found the ASUS board to be better built all-around. Fan control is more robust, no "Ghost" UEFI boot entries, sleep seems to work, motherboard componetry layout is better for cabling, etc. Wasn't cheap at $230 but I figured with all of the hours I've spent frustrated with the Gigabyte, it was well worth the investment.

If anyone wants a Gigabyte z170n Gaming 5 (f20) really cheap let me know ;)

I was thinking of swapping even before this happened. Last straw for me. I've found the ASUS board to be better built all-around. Fan control is more robust, no "Ghost" UEFI boot entries, sleep seems to work, motherboard componetry layout is better for cabling, etc. Wasn't cheap at $230 but I figured with all of the hours I've spent frustrated with the Gigabyte, it was well worth the investment.

If anyone wants a Gigabyte z170n Gaming 5 (f20) really cheap let me know ;)

Which Asus Motherboard did you end up going for?
I'm really close to buying the ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger.

I have just re-built my hackintosh from scratch and the same issue persists post BIOS update to F20.

Which Asus Motherboard did you end up going for?
I'm really close to buying the ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger.

I bought a ASROCK ROG Maximus VIII Impact

Hi guys,

Any luck on F20 bios on Gigabyte?

I have raised a case with Gigabyte to check if there's any possibility to revert the bios version back to the previous F8 and here's the response.

Gigabyte team response:
""
Sorry for the inconvenience.
We do have note that " This BIOS prohibits updating to earlier version BIOS".
If you need bios return to older version, you will need to go RMA process and let our technical supporter to do it for you.
Please consider to contact local dealer where you bought the product and check RMA process from them.
""

and I have also asked for the reason why cannot revert back to the previous version and here's the response:
""
They are totally different bios code, using regular bios flash tool to flash bios back to earlier version may cause unexpected problem.
It should be flashed by chip completely.
""

Hi guys, We dive deep into stuff here LOVE IT, Question, I am newbie, Have not built mine yet, was looking at windows stuff, Do we mess with GPU bios upgrades with hackintosh? i7 2012 Mac Mini, no Hack yet, and no GPU (integrated graphics) here yet lol working on my plan purchase build for a Linux, Windows, OS X system.

Thank God I looked here before attempting to flash my bios. I'm getting the (very common) "multiple EFI entries on reboot" issue with bios version F5 but it's basically harmless compared to the hassles described in this thread.

FYI I replaced my mobo with an ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII IMPACT yesterday and everything worked on first boot including sleep! The power LED remains on when sleeping, which was the only issue I could find.
Hi Dentato, can you tell me the process to install the OS with the ASUS ROG MAX? My actual procedure (Gigabyte z170N Gaming 3 bios f6) is:
1) install OS
2) complete with multibeast and nvidia web driver
3) reboot with nv_disable=1
4) check nvidia-driver=1 on config.plist
5) fix audio noise in voodoo loading settings

thank you!!!! I'm buying the asus because after the f20 the driver don't start and because I hate the "ghost partitions" in gigabyte bios!!! >(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back