i7 6700k
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post but my 3rd Hackintosh build. I could really use some expert assistance! Currently I am running:

Gigabyte z170N Gaming 5 (f20 bios)
i7 6700k (not overclocked)
GTX 970 w/ 4k Monitor
macOS Sierra 10.12.1

Up until yesterday, with BIOS Rev f5, everything was working fine except for sleep/wake. After updating, the Nvidia drivers fail to load and I am stuck with default OS X Drivers. This is what I have tried to far:

1) Adding "KernelPM" to boot options in Clover (The macOS would not boot until I did this)
2) Checking "NvidiaWeb" and making sure config.plist is reflecting the new way
3) Tried with both nvd_drv=1 enabled and/or disabled
4) Tried with "InjectNvidia" enabled and/or disabled
5) Attempted numerous BIOS config changes with no luck.

Any help in getting this fixed would be greatly appreciated!

I have attached the config.plist and would be happy to attach anything else you may need, thanks.

Thanks,
Dan

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.3 KB · Views: 259
When you upgrade the BIOS all of the CMOS settings are set to default (not even optimised defaults).
You must redo all of the changes that you made in your BIOS settings when you originally installed OS X.

When you upgrade the BIOS all of the CMOS settings are set to default (not even optimised defaults).
You must redo all of the changes that you made in your BIOS settings when you originally installed OS X.

Thank you for replying! Although I did not have a copy of every change I made to the BIOS, I remember most settings quite well and believe that I have the BIOS settings like they were before. Basically, I loaded optimized defaults, disabled VT-d, enabled XCHI handoff, and set PCIe Slot 1 for initial graphics.

Unfortunately these changes do not seem to have any affect.

Last edited:
Thank you for replying! Although I did not have a copy of every change I made to the BIOS, I remember most settings quite well and believe that I have the BIOS settings like they were before. Basically, I loaded optimized defaults, disabled VT-d, enabled XCHI handoff, and set PCIe Slot 1 for initial graphics.

Unfortunately these changes do not seem to have any affect.

I've got similar issues dantaco. I'm running the Z170X UD5 + i6700K i7 and was on BIOS F5, all things looking good in El Cap. I saw the F20 update and flashed hoping to fix some of the XMP and OC issues. Updated all my BIOS settings to what they were before and I've got no problems getting into Clover, but have instant reboot as soon as the Apple logo shows up.

I've tried -v,-x, nv_disable=1, cpus=1, PatchAPIC and KernalPM to no avail (the latter two options came by suggestion of this post.

I've got similar issues dantaco. I'm running the Z170X UD5 + i6700K i7 and was on BIOS F5, all things looking good in El Cap. I saw the F20 update and flashed hoping to fix some of the XMP and OC issues. Updated all my BIOS settings to what they were before and I've got no problems getting into Clover, but have instant reboot as soon as the Apple logo shows up.

I've tried -v,-x, nv_disable=1, cpus=1, PatchAPIC and KernalPM to no avail (the latter two options came by suggestion of this post.

I was able to stop the reboot loop by enabling KernelPm. I'm thinking of dumping the mobo all-together and going for an ASUS. Been one struggle after the other, and I've spent countless hours.

I was able to stop the reboot loop by enabling KernelPm. I'm thinking of dumping the mobo all-together and going for an ASUS. Been one struggle after the other, and I've spent countless hours.

Yeah - just got the boot fixed with KernalPM and PatchAPIC. Seeing the same as you, OSX has defaulted back to the default Graphics Drivers.

Curious if you're having Graphics issues though? I've got 2x970s (one is display for my ultrawide Samsung monitor via DisplayPort) and a 980ti. System profiler is showing them all correctly, my UI looks great (3440x1440 at 60HZ) and all my GPU enabled programs are utilizing all CUDA cards correctly. Maybe this is cosmetic?

Yeah - just got the boot fixed with KernalPM and PatchAPIC. Seeing the same as you, OSX has defaulted back to the default Graphics Drivers.

Curious if you're having Graphics issues though? I've got 2x970s (one is display for my ultrawide Samsung monitor via DisplayPort) and a 980ti. System profiler is showing them all correctly, my UI looks great (3440x1440 at 60HZ) and all my GPU enabled programs are utilizing all CUDA cards correctly. Maybe this is cosmetic?

Definitely not cosmetic on my side. I'm stuck at 1280x800 or something like that. Everything in the profile is generic unless I use Inject Nvidia. With that option it shows the card but only 8mb ram and still won't load drivers.

FYI I replaced my mobo with an ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII IMPACT yesterday and everything worked on first boot including sleep! The power LED remains on when sleeping, which was the only issue I could find.

crap. same issue here. gigabyte told me to update to f20 to see if i could get xmp working. now im screwed and can't roll the bios back. awesome. thanks gigabyte.

The F20 bios update just ruined my life this morning too. I wish i had bothered to search this site for "F20" before i Q-Flashed :(
So is this it? Is the only solution to try and swap motherboards?

Surely there's another way?

I am running:
Gigabyte z170x Designare (f20 bios)
i7 6700k (not overclocked)
GTX 980 Ti w/ 4k Monitor
macOS Sierra 10.12.1

Has anyone tried rebuilding / re-installing hackintosh sierra?
Could that work?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back