Contribute
Register

Nvidia Web drivers error stuck at login screen...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazingly, doing as @1no suggests & upgrading to Mojave appears to work. The drivers load, System Info sees the whole 6GB, and there is less flickering than before -- although still a few bugs for me, e.g. Safari's tabs are black half the time, as perhaps you can see in my picture:

View attachment 356250

Driver version is 387.10.10.10.40.105 as shown, on Mojave 10.14 (18A391). Cuda 9.2 installs and compiles things but doesn't appear to actually work yet. But at least this is progress, many thanks for the idea.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...e-system-unable-to-login.256489/#post-1824726

I haven’t been able to test the build more in depth but here they say that even if the card is recognized we still don’t have acceleration until Nvidia releases the drivers (and hopefully they don’t break the compatibility again).

51A7BE36-FE86-4E3A-B378-389758D517FF.jpeg

I can confirm @vdiamant story, updated to Mojave, installed drivers vía https://github.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update and GTX 1060 works great and smooth (till now)!

I have the same card and I am currently in High Sierra, I have cloned my system in another hard drive to make tests a MOJAVE, I have tried to install the drivers as you have done with the Script, it does not detect me well the graphic says Geforce Nvidia 6Mb "something similar to this ", I do not get" Nvidia Geforce 1060 6Gb "as it comes out in High Sierra, which Kext have positions? any special settings in the config.plist of the Cover? can you attach the kext and clover settings please to compare it with mine? thank you very much for your help

My Hardware:

Asus Z370-f
I7 8700K
Geforce Nvidia 1060 6Gb

I have the same card and I am currently in High Sierra, I have cloned my system in another hard drive to make tests a MOJAVE, I have tried to install the drivers as you have done with the Script, it does not detect me well the graphic says Geforce Nvidia 6Mb "something similar to this ", I do not get" Nvidia Geforce 1060 6Gb "as it comes out in High Sierra, which Kext have positions? any special settings in the config.plist of the Cover? can you attach the kext and clover settings please to compare it with mine? thank you very much for your help

My Hardware:

Asus Z370-f
I7 8700K
Geforce Nvidia 1060 6Gb

Hello @FernandoCoverdale, I have the same 1060 card, I have tried a lot of tricks & solutions out there for High Sierra but could not get it working. What I did was updating to Mojave and installing the drivers via https://github.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update

Right now what I have is a working hackintosh that recognizes the Nvidia card, that can get trough the login glitch and that doesn't have visible graphic card glitches as I use it. What I have been told is that even if the card is recognized, I won't have full graphic acceleration until the new drivers for Mojave appear. Thats the solution I have right now, here is the config.plist if it works for something.

Attachments

• config.plist
    10.7 KB · Views: 193
Hello @FernandoCoverdale, I have the same 1060 card, I have tried a lot of tricks & solutions out there for High Sierra but could not get it working. What I did was updating to Mojave and installing the drivers via https://github.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update

Right now what I have is a working hackintosh that recognizes the Nvidia card, that can get trough the login glitch and that doesn't have visible graphic card glitches as I use it. What I have been told is that even if the card is recognized, I won't have full graphic acceleration until the new drivers for Mojave appear. Thats the solution I have right now, here is the config.plist if it works for something.

Thank you very much for your contribution, I will see your config.plist and compare it with mine to see what difference there may be, what are the kext that you have in your clover folder? Thank you again for your help

Woo i dont know if you config.plist solved my detection or can be that uninstal webdriver...restart..and install from nvidia update script terminal.

Work! i wait a
official web driver but this can be a good step
thank you so much from spain

Attachments

• 25B4D68B-CC57-45F4-9E06-D50F1B6D5166.jpeg
    25B4D68B-CC57-45F4-9E06-D50F1B6D5166.jpeg
    707 KB · Views: 142
Woo i dont know if you config.plist solved my detection or can be that uninstal webdriver...restart..and install from nvidia update script terminal.

Work! i wait a
official web driver but this can be a good step
thank you so much from spain

De nada, desde México.

Remember that you won't have Graphic acceleration until the new drivers come out. In case it's still working, here are my kexts, all updated from Clover Configurator.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 11.03.40 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 11.03.40 AM.png
    68.4 KB · Views: 112
Thanks heaps @1no your config.plist saved the day for me!

this is my first Hackintosh and I was running Intel HD graphics, because I had no avail with anything Nvidia, until running your config. FINALLY I can run this monitor at 4k!

Reactions: 1no
Hey @FernandoCoverdale and @1no
I have been struggling with the same problem of getting stuck at blinking login screen on HS with GTX 1060 whenever the webdriver is enabled.
As you said, the card is recognised but there's no full GPU acceleration on Mojave, I am also planning on upgrading to Mojave. But before that, I wanted to confirm if you're able to run FCPX on it or not. I'd be really grateful if you could test it out for me. You can find a cracked version of the software easily if you look up on Google, which I am not allowed to link here.
Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back