Contribute
Register

Nvidia Web drivers error stuck at login screen...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
z370
CPU
i7 8700k
Graphics
gtx 1060
Hi everyone,
I bought recently a computer and I did an mackintosh with, but when I install the web driver for my graphic card(gtx 1060)on high Sierra (V:10.13.6 (17G65)), I stuck at the login screen after rebooting .
I can see my name and I can move my cursor, but when I click on my name(or anywhere), I have a black screen and after the login screen.
I can use the hackintosh with argument : nv_disable=1 ,but it sucks...(3 mo Vram and glitches)

My config
Motherboard -> Gigabyte Z370 XP SLI(rev. 1.0)
Processor -> i7 8700k
graphic card ->gtx 1060 6gb Gigabyte
Memory -> 24 gb DDR4 Vengeance Corsair 3000mhz
Power supply -> 600W

thank you for your help in advance.

I have the same issue

Did you fix this problem, please?
Thanks

On Mojave without any drivers and any injection of Nvidia it works fine!! It also recognizes my Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 256 MB although it's 6GB but it's OK. Youtube plays fine no glitches the only issue I have is a little delay with the emulator of Xcode but it's OK you can do your job.

Last edited by a moderator:
This sounds promising! Lots of unhappy people with the same 1060 + HS problem in this thread:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/nvidia-drivers-freeze-at-login-screen.256988/page-2

Mojave, installed drivers vía https://github.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update and GTX 1060 works great and smooth

So these are the HS drivers? Can you confirm exactly which version?

GTX 1060 256 MB although it's 6GB but it's OK

Without loading the Nvidia drivers, this is like what I see in HS -- System Info sees the card but with very low memory etc. And it works (at 1920x1200) but with lots of glitches. Fewer glitches would be a step forward...

Amazingly, doing as @1no suggests & upgrading to Mojave appears to work. The drivers load, System Info sees the whole 6GB, and there is less flickering than before -- although still a few bugs for me, e.g. Safari's tabs are black half the time, as perhaps you can see in my picture:

Screenshot 2018-10-08 at 13.53.35.png

Driver version is 387.10.10.10.40.105 as shown, on Mojave 10.14 (18A391). Cuda 9.2 installs and compiles things but doesn't appear to actually work yet. But at least this is progress, many thanks for the idea.

Could anyone add second monitor? I tried both from HDMI - DVI or the 2 DVI but it couldn't see the 2nd monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back