Motherboard
Z390 Aorus Ultra
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
GTX 770
Mac
  1. iMac
Hello, been searching for a fix for bit, hopefully someone here can help. My system is a 18,3 definition imac, aorus z390 ultra, core i9 9900k, with an MSI geforce gtx770 from my last build. Currently running 10.13.6 High Sierra. Most everything is working, and I was able to install nvidia web drivers fine, but when I use them, my fan speed cycles every few seconds, super annoying. If I boot with nv_disable=1, it causes quite a bit of screen stutter and other small glitches, but most importantly I can't use plugins with my audio software, as their gui comes up blank. The gui of those plugins remains fine if I use the web drivers, but again, the fan issue. I am not injecting nvidia, and boot with nvda_drv=1. I have updated webdrivers as well. Oh, also I tried adding core graphics fixup aka whatevergreen with multibeast, and the system didnt change at all, so that is currently still there.

Any suggestions? Thank you

Last edited:
Just an update, I uninstalled nvidia web drivers and took my gpu out. I was trying to get the gui glitch to disappear. However, after many combinations using the onboard graphics, using both I wasn't able to get rid of the glitch. So now I have found the only time I have gotten rid of the glitch is with GPU installed, web drivers installed, nvda_drv=1. But that makes the fan cycle up to 85% every 3 seconds. Maybe it's just a bad video card?

Final update for anyone that cares. I tried as many combos of Nvidia web drivers (and not) and boot flags as I could possibly imagine, with no luck. I just couldn't get the 770 to respond. I eventually gave up and bought a budget 1050 card and plopped it in. Booted with web drivers, and perfect function on the first try. I honestly don't know if the original GPU was just going bad, or what, but system works fine with no glitches or fan issues with the new card in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back