Contribute
Register

nvidia web drivers 346.02.03f03 for 10.10.5 buid 14f1505

Status
Not open for further replies.
dead link here too: http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/

maybe nvidia pull out the driver for some reason???

The driver has not been released yet. That link was likely put in that post because it will be working eventually. All of Nvidia's driver links follow the same format so it is easy to keep checking for new versions that have not been posted on the Nvidia website yet.

The driver has not been released yet. That link was likely put in that post because it will be working eventually. All of Nvidia's driver links follow the same format so it is easy to keep checking for new versions that have not been posted on the Nvidia website yet.

I have no ideas how build numbers are determined but I guess they change when apple releases security updates. The last security update (2015-005) came out in June... I guess the driver should be out by now, right?

There was a security update yesterday which is build 14F1505. All of the security updates in the past have gotten new drivers as well.

If you want to try and get it working in the meantime I added problem #5 to the Solving NVIDIA driver install problems post that should help you out.

There was a security update yesterday which is build 14F1505.

Thank you so much for the explanation :) I guess I'm gonna stop my tantrum now and patiently wait ;)

:D

Solution for 10.10.5 (14F1509)

sudo nano /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartup.kext/Contents/info.plist

Look for the string NVDARequiredOS then change the build number to the current one : 14F1509 like this :

<key>NVDARequiredOS</key>
<string>14F1509</string>

Save changes by typing CTRL + X then hit Y and enter

Finally, repair permissions and rebuild kernel cache with this :

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions
sudo chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

Then restart (make sure nvda_drv=1 is enabled in the boot args of your bootloader).

Thanks polyzargone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back