CPU
Xeon E5-1660 v3
Graphics
EVGA GTX 980 ti
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
(Sorry about the title typo)

Hi,

I followed this "guide" of sorts to get Sierra up and running on my system but I still have a problem with my graphics.

I downloaded and installed the correct Web Driver for my OS X version (16C67) and the Nvidia Driver Manager in Sys-prefs says it's active.

8in5jEd.png

Yet things are still rendered all glitchy like as if I was using the default OS X driver.

I've got NvidiaWeb checked

RlQ4bRx.png

and these are my boot flags (I was told/read that you aren't supposed to have Nvidia_drv on. I've tried it both on and off and it doesn't change anything for me)

TAHBmD5.png

Is anyone able to help me out or point me in the right direction? Is it a problem with kexts? Something deeper?

Thanks.

I can post more info if needed, I'm just not sure what's explicitly relevant.

Little extra

Here's what photoshop says to me

pWXmRU2.png

Last edited:
What does About This Mac show?

I'm having the same issue with my 980 Ti. Can only boot with nv_disable=1 anything else and it goes black during boot.

I'm having the same issue with my 980 Ti. Can only boot with nv_disable=1 anything else and it goes black during boot.

We're not having the exact same issue. I can boot up fine but once I'm in everything renders glitchy like and I can't use hardware acceleration. Here's what photoshop says to me

pWXmRU2.png

Can I bump?

Post Christmas bump

Post Christmas bump

The card isn't being recognized properly by the Drivers or they aren't loading at all. Make sure NVRAM is working properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back