Contribute
Register

[Solved] NVIDIA Web Driver iBooks Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
guys is there any fix for ibooks bug on 10.12 :(

That MIGHT work, although I dunno what other implications that would have as far as interacting with app store/icloud/etc services.

I'll try to swap my nvidia card back in and see if it matters.

did it worked??????? :((((((((

Nah, doesn't work. It results in a mostly useless system. Disabling cs enforcement via amfi boot flags causes a bunch of sandboxing entitlements to fail, so tons of things don't run. Even with SIP disabled bunches of kexts and other utilities fail to load.

Any changes with 10.12.4?

Nope. iBook still broken

Don't think it will ever get fixed. Might have to go back to El Capitan it seems to get full accelleration in FCP X.

I don't know what I changed but seems like fixed to me, but some icons are glitchy:
iBook and Instruments working now. but sometimes some icons will be like the image that uploaded.

Attachments

• Screenshot of Xcode (4:2:17, 10:12 PM).png
    Screenshot of Xcode (4:2:17, 10:12 PM).png
    27.1 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:
Very strange.. but I found a way to temporary fix these screen and button artifacts in iBook and XCode until the next bootup:

0. Restart you hackintosh
1. Open iBook
2. Open a book from your Library and scroll it randomly
3. Click on every distorted icon you see in iBook several time
4. Click on the Apple icon in the top left corner several time
5. After clicking on problematic icons and screen artifacts just Quit iBook (quit, not just close)
6. Open iBook again and repeat steps 1-5..

For the second or third time you open iBook, do random clicking on problematic areas and quitting you'll notice the graphics distortions and screen artifacts go away completely. Now if you launch XCode you should see no graphic issues. I don't know why this is working for me.. Can someone report back if it's worked?

UPDATE:
I don't know what I changed but seems like fixed to me, but some icons are glitchy:
iBook and Instruments working now.

For 10.12.4 Sierra it's working for me, too. :thumbup: Somehow managed to fix these iBook and XCode issues for my Haswell build, see this post.

UPDATE2:
Also, if you disable Intel processor graphics in BIOS, these issues will go away...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back