Contribute
Register

[Solved] NVIDIA Web Driver iBooks Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Set initial graphics to CPU and iGPU multiple screen enabled fix the problem. But I don't see os loading progress till login window

It's because BIOS and macOS initialization uses priority GPU for output. And only after base system is loaded secondary GPU starts to send output signal.

I haven't found any solution for this problem. Merely plugged main monitor into iGPU (I don't need GPU power under macOS - all my games installed on windows).

BTW - with HD4600 macOS interfaces work smoothly and fine)

So I've got the HD530, not the 4600.. it shows up in system profiler as an HD 7000, and while I can see Metal rendering where I couldn't before, it's all distorted..

Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 7.58.05 PM.png

Anyone had this come up? Xcode also has icons that are completely distorted/missing.. using ig-platform-id of 19120000 as instructed, InjectIntel to true.

So I've got the HD530, not the 4600.. it shows up in system profiler as an HD 7000, and while I can see Metal rendering where I couldn't before, it's all distorted..

View attachment 235330

Anyone had this come up? Xcode also has icons that are completely distorted/missing.. using ig-platform-id of 19120000 as instructed, InjectIntel to true.

Try setting iGPU as first/initial GPU in BIOS (with monitor hooked to NV card. You will miss startup screen, though).

Try setting iGPU as first/initial GPU in BIOS (with monitor hooked to NV card. You will miss startup screen, though).
This is indeed the solution.. both my monitors are plugged in to the NVidia, none on the HDMI off the 530, so I see nothing until the Apple progress bar is halfway/more done, but everything is working flawlessly. I can hunt leaks on the main machine & not my puny Air now.. thank you! =)

This is indeed the solution.. both my monitors are plugged in to the NVidia, none on the HDMI off the 530, so I see nothing until the Apple progress bar is halfway/more done, but everything is working flawlessly. I can hunt leaks on the main machine & not my puny Air now.. thank you! =)

I found that with NV card as initial GFX, if I first boot to Windows and then restart to macOS (aka, no cold boot up), it will almost work (I need to start iBooks twice).

I got this problem too, cannot read ebook more :(
So have any solution for this problem ? or any suggestion for a new app that can read epub files?
I'm using Calibre, seem good, have any more better apps?

Last edited:
I am getting irritated. Is there any other solution? Any hopes for Nvidia Web driver update?

I am getting irritated. Is there any other solution? Any hopes for Nvidia Web driver update?

It's not fixable by Nvidia, unless they somehow convince apple to sign the web drivers for them.

It's not fixable by Nvidia, unless they somehow convince apple to sign the web drivers for them.
GG WP. ****ing apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back