Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Web Driver Clover Patch + Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok,i used your kexts in your attached files, and tried with/without -ngfxnoaudio flag for disabling injecting from NvidiaGraphicsFixup and using only FakePCIID.kext + Injector.
(1) If I don't use flag the results are same as before: (thinking is ejected from NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext)
Every boot I should replug the DP Cable.

(2) If I use only your kexts with -ngfxnoaudio(Disable injection from NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext) and AppleALC(for injecting S1220A) in Clover folder no HDMI/DP Injection.

Attached files: Kextstat terminal output,EFI Folder,IOReg (2)

Attachments

• Archivio.zip
    30.7 MB · Views: 80
Ok,i used your kexts in your attached files, and tried with/without -ngfxnoaudio flag for disabling injecting from NvidiaGraphicsFixup and using only FakePCIID.kext + Injector.
(1) If I don't use flag the results are same as before: (thinking is ejected from NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext)
Every boot I should replug the DP Cable.
I would say AppleALC is working correctly and the problem is caused by something else. You can remove FakePCIID kexts.
(2) If I use only your kexts with -ngfxnoaudio(Disable injection from NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext) and AppleALC(for injecting S1220A) in Clover folder no HDMI/DP Injection.
Yes you will need the HDMI audio properties from somewhere, NvidiaGraphicsFixup, toleda script etc.

I would reconfigure to (1) above - using only AppleALC + NvidiaGraphicsFixup for HDMI audio - and reply regarding Workaround 3 (Install latest AppleALC.kext/Lilu.kext to CLOVER/kexts/Other) in this post with the problem reporting files.

what is wrong with my config plist I cannot use Nadia graphics gtx 980 I have Asus Maximus ranger vii motherboard 16gb ram

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.6 KB · Views: 190
  • NVIDIA repackager
    • Removes installation checks from NVIDIA installer packages, drop a package onto its icon to activate

If I just use those tools, will that be enough to get the drivers working? Can I skip the manual patching process?

(I'm fine with repackaging installers whenever I decide to install a new one.)

If I just use those tools, will that be enough to get the drivers working? Can I skip the manual patching process?

(I'm fine with repackaging installers whenever I decide to install a new one.)
If you use Lilu + NvidiaGraphicsFixup you can add ngfxcompat=1 to your Clover boot arguments.

Also see the menu bar app available from here - it does the Clover patch and manual plist patching automatically (though neither are needed with ngfxcompat=1), also downloads/installs any driver in a few clicks.

If you use Lilu + NvidiaGraphicsFixup you can add ngfxcompat=1 to your Clover boot arguments.

Also see the menu bar app available from here - it does the Clover patch and manual plist patching automatically (though neither are needed with ngfxcompat=1), also downloads/installs any driver in a few clicks.

Thanks.

I think I will try to avoid using NvidiaGraphicsFixup if possible.

So something like this should work?

1. Mount EFI partition
2. Back up EFI/EFI/Clover/Config.plist
3. Open Web Driver Manager (then it will do the necessary patching?)
4. Open Clover Configurator to check that the changes were made
5. Use NVIDIA Repackager.
6. Run the repackaged installer.
7. Use “remove-NVIDIA-helper.command” to remove the NVIDIA system pref.

Then, do I still need to go through the steps described below?

1. Mount EFI Partition
2. Open /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist with text edit, Xcode, or Plist Editor Pro
3. Edit as shown below:

Code:
<key>SystemParameters</key>
    <dict>
        <key>InjectKexts</key>
        <string>YES</string>
        <key>InjectSystemID</key>
        <true/>
        <key>NvidiaWeb</key>
        <true/>
    </dict>

4. Remove Boot/Arguments/nvda_drv=1 if necessary
5. Save and reboot

If you use the web driver manager app you can toggle both the Clover patch and NvidiaWeb setting from the menu.

Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 10.34.41.png

In web driver manager -> preferences you can enable / disable menu items depending on your setup. There's an option to 'Show package installer' that does a similar thing to the standalone repackager script.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back