Graphics
Nvidia 1080 TI
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Background -
So I was trying to follow a couple of guides to add the 1920x1880 profile/resolution to my cards VBIOS (Zodiac nvidia GTX480 - I know it's old don't laugh)
All the guides I found were written from an ATI card users view point, so when looking at the ROM pulled from my card, I isn't able to find what to replace.
It appears all Nvidia card users were having this same problem, but none of their questions were answered on those forms.

So my question -
I'm thinking about getting a Nvidia GTX 770, does anyone know if this card has the 1920x1880 profile/resolution in it's VBIOS out the box? OR should I roll with an ATI if I'm looking for the 1080p VESA resolution in the video bios...

Background -
So I was trying to follow a couple of guides to add the 1920x1880 profile/resolution to my cards VBIOS (Zodiac nvidia GTX480 - I know it's old don't laugh)
All the guides I found were written from an ATI card users view point, so when looking at the ROM pulled from my card, I isn't able to find what to replace.
It appears all Nvidia card users were having this same problem, but none of their questions were answered on those forms.

So my question -
I'm thinking about getting a Nvidia GTX 770, does anyone know if this card has the 1920x1880 profile/resolution in it's VBIOS out the box? OR should I roll with an ATI if I'm looking for the 1080p VESA resolution in the video bios...

If you boot using Clover you can just inject it.

Based on the information below, I tried to enable "PatchedVBios," but the clover boatloader still doesn't take up the whole screen.
Underneath that, describes replacing certain bits, but yet again they are using an example from an ATI card.

Even though I haven't resolved this issue, I still thank you for pointing me in the right direction...

Below is some information I got from the Clover Wiki "http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/configuration/graphics#graphics_patchvbios"-
PatchVBios

<key>PatchVBios</key>
<true/>
Clover applies corrections to the shadow ROM at address 0xC0000 to allow support of the highest monitor resolution. For instance, a monitor's EDID contains the mode 1920x1080 but the video bios does not. Clover will apply it as the first mode to be used. In case the monitor does not produce an EDID, it can be injected manually.

In case ScreenResolution in section GUI is set, it will be used for this patch.

Should the automatic patch fail, then you can specify a manual one.

PatchVBiosBytes

<key>PatchVBiosBytes</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Find</key>
<data>gAeoAqAF</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>gAeoAjgE</data>
</dict>
</array>
This example applied to an AMD Radeon HD 6670 video bios, resulting in a replacement of mode 1920x1440 with mode 1920x1080. It is advised to choose a mode with the same horizontal resolution.

It is possible to apply multiple patches. An Nvidia video bios, for instance, was successfully modified with four patches.

Give me a little bit and I'll post the patch bytes for Nvidia 1080p. I have to get them from an old config.

Code:
                <key>PatchVBios</key>
		<true/>
		<key>PatchVBiosBytes</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				QAa6sAQ=
				</data>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				gAe6OAQ=
				</data>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				gg8DAQAACAQUAAAIFw==
				</data>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				TQEDTQEIASDAA///IA==
				</data>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				NC0nKJAroL+cj5a5jh8AAAA=
				</data>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				Fg7vn4/9AmM7N8/rQADBJAI=
				</data>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				KAAZACgYCAgF
				</data>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				gAc4BPBCEAcF
				</data>
			</dict>
		</array>

Last edited:
Using the patches don't always work. For example I have a 1080P 22" tv and when using HDMI the boot screen is 1080P but it has black bars all the way around it because of under scan. Once the OS boots it overscan is enabled and the screen is filled. If I remember correctly, using a dvi cable solves that problem though.

When I apply that it appears like the resolution is 1080P, but the boot images before entering the OS still don't take up the whole screen. But I also get the same effect if I enable patchedvbios. I also found someone's custom edid string, adding that too made the resolution look like it maybe 1080p, yet and still the boot screens don't take up the whole viewing area.
I tried two different monitor, same issue. So we are getting closer, however still not solved....

When I apply that it appears like the resolution is 1080P, but the boot images before entering the OS still don't take up the whole screen. But I also get the same effect if I enable patchedvbios. I also found someone's custom edid string, adding that too made the resolution look like it maybe 1080p, yet and still the boot screens don't take up the whole viewing area.
I tried two different monitor, same issue. So we are getting closer, however still not solved....

What type of cable are you using? And what monitor is it?

DVI, one Monitor is a Acer (Main), the other a Samsung...

DVI, one Monitor is a Acer (Main), the other a Samsung...

Once booted in system preferences/display, is there an Overscan check box?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back