Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Updates Web Drivers for 10.8.5 (313.01.03f01)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, I guess, I ran the Supplemental Update first (
OS X Build 12F45) and I can't install the driver now... Does anyone know a workaround? I get this when I try to open the .pkg:

"Mac OS X version 10.8.5 (12F45) is not supported with this package. Please check NVIDIA’s website for further driver information"

well the last upgrade seems doesent work well with web drivers.. i had those installed, after the upgrade reboot, os says driver is incompatible and loaded the osx original, i can't change it, and sure, the kexts loaded are the original osx, not the web

so, you have to wait a new release of web drivers

Looks like Nvidia is in the process of getting an update out. My control panel seems to indicate there is an update, however the update does not actually exist yet.

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    90.4 KB · Views: 817
I seem to download the update but then fails with a 'unable to open the installer package. Use check now in Nvidia driver manager preferences and try again'.

So i can download it, then fails to open..
Might wait a bit to see if its a problem on their end.

EDIT: Problem resolved. It was a problem on their end. Downloaded the package and installed without a hitch. Running smoothly now.

If we don't have the web install do you have a link to the installer?

No, Im unsure how to go about it. You can download the previous installer, install it ( it wont run on your latest system though) and then update it.

Alternatively, wait till someone else knows how to get the direct link.

After doing some trolling here it is:

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Mac/Quadro_Certified/313.01.03f02/WebDriver-313.01.03f02.pkg

Edit: After installing there are some issues, you may have to reinstall your network adapter driver, for whatever reason mine was trying to DHCP to IPs out of range of my network reinstalling from multibeast fixed it. Also you will not be able to access the Nvidia control panel it will give you an error when you try to open it but if you change the flag in the boot file it should work just fine, my test for this was a huge improvement in EVE online and a 10% improvement in cinebench.

Edit: Edit: It seems that the control panel has fixed it self. All is well now, Getting 109 FPS in cinebench :D

I had some bizarre problems after trying the most recent web drivers with the 10.8.5 supplemental update.

Slow boot up and unresponsive usb peripherals. No recognized audio and unmountable firewire devices. I removed web driver and rolled back my cuda to the one you recommended. All problems fixed. Hopefully i have no issue on the apple drivers for this gtx 680

Dear Friend,
Greetings From EGYPT

Hope all is well.

1st of all i was wondering after my update to 313.01.03f02/10.8.5 Supplement
the card was running Fine but without GPU Full support in adobe AE / Premiere CS6

in 10.8.4 / 313.01.03f01 all was running fine after the gpu sniffer & some things to do in terminal
Gpu Acceleration Was Running Perfectly in adobe After Effects / Premiere

My Flags Where Darkew.=0 npc.=0x200 Nvdad.=1

shall i remove something from the bootplist

anyway i reinstalled mountainlion
and kept 10.8.4 ignoring the updates and every thing works perfect except cinebench i had a very low results

Appreciate your Feedback About 10.8.5 Flags
Best Regards

Mohamed El-Deken

I followed instructions to update my driver. I selected NVIDIA Web Driver under Graphics Drivers in the System Preferences Panel. However, after restart, it reverts back to OS X Default Driver. Any tips on how I can make it run the NVIDIA web driver?

Screen Shot 2014-07-12 at 4.14.45 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2014-07-12 at 4.14.25 PM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back