Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Updates Web Drivers for 10.8.5 (313.01.03f01)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi gays;) my 640 GT no work in 10.8.5 .. play youtube system chrashd .. please help my :(

how to fix "computer not supported" with web drivers?
change smbios to macpro?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-09-25 at 11.27.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-09-25 at 11.27.10 PM.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 706
well.. great :D

EDIT: very very very very stupid question... i try to create a smbios.plist file (with champlist app) witch has macPro settings.. but.. i always have KP.. is normal? (my system is Zotac ionitx-pe intel su2300 gt 630 (kepler))

i'm thinking i can't use a pro smbios since i have an old c2d cpu.. right?
i tryed the mac pro 4.1 witch has a xeon dualcore.. nothing.. not boots.. now i'm with a macmini 5.1 smbios.. and.. always work good

well.. great :D

EDIT: very very very very stupid question... i try to create a smbios.plist file (with champlist app) witch has macPro settings.. but.. i always have KP.. is normal? (my system is Zotac ionitx-pe intel su2300 gt 630 (kepler))

i'm thinking i can't use a pro smbios since i have an old c2d cpu.. right?
i tryed the mac pro 4.1 witch has a xeon dualcore.. nothing.. not boots.. now i'm with a macmini 5.1 smbios.. and.. always work good

Friend just use Multibeast now and select MacPro 3,1 and if you tried to set MacPro.4.1 or 5,1 you should delete the AppleTyMCEDriver.kext from S/L/E or you will face Kernal panic or boot failure.

Friend just use Multibeast now and select MacPro 3,1 and if you tried to set MacPro.4.1 or 5,1 you should delete the AppleTyMCEDriver.kext from S/L/E or you will face Kernal panic or boot failure.

uhuuu.. why mcedriver creates KP?

btw going to tryyy.. thanks for the fast info :-D

EDIT: well installed with mac pro 3.1.. yeah.. didn't try... -.-

many many thanks.. drivers installed.. but not used at boot.. probably need to put the key in boot.plist

EDIT2: putted the value in boot.plist.. still osx default driver at boot.. if i change to nvidia, put password, and tick changes to nvidia web driver

how to force the web driver at boot?

EDIT3: flag is in VRAM

localhost:~ Luca$ nvram boot-args
boot-args nvda_drv=1

but at boot still flagged osx default driver..

how to see the driver version loaded?

the framebuffer is still the same

localhost:~ Luca$ ioreg | grep NVD
| | | | +-o NVDAHal <class IOService, id 0x1000002af, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (456 ms), retain 6>
| | | | +-o NVDAgl <class IOService, id 0x1000002b0, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (1089 ms), retain 6>
| | | | +-o NVDA,Display-A@0 <class IONDRVDevice, id 0x1000002b3, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (1133 ms), retain 8>
| | | | | +-o NVDA <class NVDA, id 0x1000002de, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (4 ms), retain 18>
| | | | | +-o NVDAUser <class NVDAUser, id 0x1000003d3, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 5>
| | | | +-o NVDA,Display-B@1 <class IONDRVDevice, id 0x1000002b4, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (1 ms), retain 8>
| | | | | +-o NVDA <class NVDA, id 0x1000002e4, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (1 ms), retain 14>
| | | | +-o NVDA,Display-C@2 <class IONDRVDevice, id 0x1000002b5, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (1 ms), retain 8>
| | | | | +-o NVDA <class NVDA, id 0x1000002ea, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (1 ms), retain 14>
| | | | +-o NVDA,Display-D@3 <class IONDRVDevice, id 0x1000002b6, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (1 ms), retain 8>
| | | | | +-o NVDA <class NVDA, id 0x1000002f0, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (1 ms), retain 14>
| | | | +-o NVDAinitgl <class IOService, id 0x10000034d, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 6>

any idea?

EDIT4 : well, at boot i see the NVDAStartup: Web.. but..

nvram: Error getting variable - 'boot-args': (iokit/common) data was not found

manually changes to nvidia driver, put password

boot-args nvda_drv=1

so.. nvda_drv=1 isn't loaded in nvram during bootup.. thats the problem... any idea how to fix it?

well.. dont know why but it seems works good even with all strange parameters..

old drivers

http://imgur.com/a/JMn7A

new drivers

http://imgur.com/a/WSbsL

but...

http://i.imgur.com/9VPTIuq.png

web app says i'm on original drivers.. terminal sysinfo and cuda says are loaded the new web drivers.. other teminal says thereinst the nvda_drv=1

if i chose to manually add the web driver via app

http://i.imgur.com/GTtc1D9.png

can't understand

in theory driver is loaded and is working.. simply it's a newer driver than the old one (8.16.74)

anyone with the same "issue"??

with GA-Z86x-OC and Gigabyte GT650 using nvidia drivers ,
usb3 and sata controller does not work anymore, (utlity disk sees all disk but cant activate)

I popped in the nvidia panel "uses osx drivers" and restarted
all working ..

I was able to install and use this driver, but it caused other problems for me.

1. Using the Web Drivers - I am unable to mount certain DMG images.
2. Unable to launch Parallels - Error message indicate that Intel Virtualization Technology was not enabled. I ran Parallels just prior to installing the Web Drivers. I check my BIOS settings and Intel VT is enabled.

I switched back to the OS X Default driver and I am now able to mount those DMG images and run Parallels.

I am uninstalling the Web Drivers.

James

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back