Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Updates Web Drivers for 10.8.4 (313.01.02f01)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i tried, but the gTX 780 is greyed out and not supported by these drivers. can confirm that, :(

I have a 560Ti boost card

boot list is like this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000 nvda_drv=1</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>5</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Installed the graphic drivers at the moment it says OSX default Driver
but it does not chage to NVIDIA web driver on reboot

THE PROBLEM i am having is that I am getting
HALDefaultDevice:GetDefaultDevice: server returned 0 for the default device, so picking one locally:

thanks for some feedback
xstation

Running a Nvidia 660 and when I install this and reboot everything works fine, but now I have the Nvidia Driver Manager thing that comes up and it says my default OSX driver is being used instead of the Web driver. When I unlock it, switch to the new driver and reboot it still says its using the OSX default driver instead. Any suggestions on how to actually get it to use the new driver? Or has it just become the default driver and I don't realize it?

Just installed the latest Web Drivers for my EVGA GTX 660 (non-TI) on 10.8.4. Everything seemed okay, but then the system would always freeze when I opened Blender to do some 3D work. I uninstalled the web drivers and now everything works just fine.

Hi. I would just like to say that the driver is working great on MSI 16f2 with GTX 675M, 10.8.4 and freezefix.app. Used the perl code to enable OCL and CUDA is reporting that OSX is using the web driver. Have a nice day everyone. :)

Hello all,

I just installed the web drivers (313.01.02f01) on my Mac Pro (OS x 10.8.4) along with my new GPU: a gtx 770. Unfortunately, the computer locks up at start and reboots endlessly before even reaching the desktop screen. Now I wanted to uninstall the driver, but for the life of me I can't figure out how... I tried to locate the nvidia driver restore.mpkg -> can't find it. Tried to reboot in single mode and use nvidiarestore command -> not working.

I'm basically stuck in reboot mode, or I can use the computer (barely and veeeery slowly) in safe mode, and that's it. Not really an upgrade?

Please help me get rid of the nvidia driver, or of the reboot bug...

...and then if by any chance you can tell me how to activate 3d raytracer in AE, you'd be my hero ;-)

Update to my own issue:

I finally managed to restart normally on the stock driver: what I had to do was reset the PRAM (CMD+ALT+P+R at startup, hold until beep). After that, I was able to start up normally. The nvidia driver was still there, but each time I would try to switch to it (in the top bar) and restart, it would lock up again. I finally uninstalled it through the nvidia control panel. Back to Mac stock driver...

...and still no 3d ray tracer support in After Effects CC. Shame.

Anyway, be careful with those Nvidia drivers, and if you're unable to startup anymore, reset your PRAM.

CU!

Friends
ANY news for fermi freeze i am still in 10.8.2 because of Fermi freeze issue.Any nvidia fermi card owners here install this new driver any good news???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back