Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Updates Web Drivers for 10.8.4 (313.01.02f01)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just upgraded to these drivers because I'm having issues running dual monitors. So far I have only been able to mirror the displays on the OSX driver. But now I can't see the other display at all.

GTX 680 btw. The issue must lie elseware

CUDA still needs to be updated (but there is no newer version available) :(

CUDA still needs to be updated (but there is no newer version available) :(

Based on the past few updates I predict we'll see the CUDA update in the next couple of days...

I just installed this update, and added the nvda_drv=1 key to the boot args. Looks exactly as the example shown... however it still lists that I'm using the OS X driver. Any suggestions?

Based on the past few updates I predict we'll see the CUDA update in the next couple of days...

I just installed this update, and added the nvda_drv=1 key to the boot args. Looks exactly as the example shown... however it still lists that I'm using the OS X driver. Any suggestions?

It will say that in the panel, however look in Console and scan your boot log. It will mention the web drivers, search 'web', so nothing to worry about - only cosmetic

Does this provide support for the GTX 780 in 10.8.4? I know the last driver update allowed those cards to work in 10.8.3, I just want to know if it is safe to install 10.8.4.

What if my Kernel Flags goes like this?

<string>darkwake=0 PCIRootUID=1</string>

Where do I put the nvda_drv=1? I already tried this:

<string>darkwake=0 PCIRootUID=1 nvda_drv=1</string>

But it just wont work.

I have a Nvidia GTX460, GAx58a-Ud3r

Where do I put the nvda_drv=1? I already tried this:
<string>darkwake=0 PCIRootUID=1 nvda_drv=1</string>
But it just wont work. I have a Nvidia GTX460, GAx58a-Ud3r

The Nvidia Driver Manager will always show the built-in OS X driver is selected after booting up. However, this is merely cosmetics. If you have added the line “nvda_drv=1″, then it will load the Nvidia Web Driver that you installed. That is what I understand so far.

On my 10.8.3 setup, my card will black out after the Apple logo, but after I added the above line, it works.

I have since updated to 10.8.4 and the latest June 2013 updates from Nvidia and it is still working.

Without changing the erroneous display (ie OS X Default Driver is ticked), I went to After Effect and the GPU is still present.

For GTX 570, I need to set GraphicsEnabler=Yes or the hackintosh will not boot properly.

Below are my org.chameleon.Boot.plist setting for 10.8.4:

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0 nvda_drv=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>

The Nvidia Driver Manager will always show the built-in OS X driver is selected after booting up. However, this is merely cosmetics. If you have added the line “nvda_drv=1″, then it will load the Nvidia Web Driver that you installed. That is what I understand so far.

On my 10.8.3 setup, my card will black out after the Apple logo, but after I added the above line, it works.

I have since updated to 10.8.4 and the latest June 2013 updates from Nvidia and it is still working.

Without changing the erroneous display (ie OS X Default Driver is ticked), I went to After Effect and the GPU is still present.

For GTX 570, I need to set GraphicsEnabler=Yes or the hackintosh will not boot properly.

Below are my org.chameleon.Boot.plist setting for 10.8.4:

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0 nvda_drv=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Thanks for the reply! I've had no freezes since yesterday. I hope this is the definite fix for the fermi freeze on my card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back