Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
image-1.png image.png
Yesterday as well as updating macOS High Sierra, Apple released Security updates for both OS X El Capitan and macOS Sierra. The build numbers on these temporarily made NVIDIA Web drivers incompatible. Today, NVIDIA has updated drivers for 10.11.6 El Capitan and 10.12.6 Sierra.

Updated drivers are available at the following threads:

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for OS X 10.11.6 (346.03.15)

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS Sierra 10.12.6 (378.05.05.25)

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 (378.10.10.10.25)

Thanks Tony for the info :)
And thanks to Nvidia for their support !

Does that mean we can use Pascal cards on 10.11?
I wouldn't have thought so.
The OS update changes the build number so the web drivers stop working.
Nvidia release new web drivers to accommodate the new build number but it is most unlikely that they will add any additional support to that which is already present.
YMMV

Thank you...

Will this update solve GTX 1060 sleep issue ?
Any one tested ?

These drivers caused my El Capitan build to be unbootable. At the end of the initial loading screen with the white Apple logo, it switches to a white circle with a diagonal line through it (like a "NO" icon).

I'm unable to boot off of the initial USB drive and removing the startup options in the Clover bootup section doesn't help. Does anyone have any suggestions? Keep in mind that I cannot boot up and there's no safe mode here to my knowledge.

Running:
El Capitan - 10.11.6
i7 4770k
Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H-CF
Nvidia 1080 Ti

Thanks in advance.

On my intel DH67BL with msi GTX 710 (Sierra), after fresh install doesn't need any WebDriver. Is enabled with by default 10.12.6.
Thank you again,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back