Contribute
Register

nvidia-update - Simple way to install nVidia web drivers

I just executed this script and it killed my system. Now there is this happening when I'm trying to boot:
7R1Ej.png

I'm on 10.14.1 Mojave. Any Ideas?
Try booting with nv_disable=1 from clover screen (your boot/mojave drive > press space)

just install the GPU, boot into macos. Only one display will be working (at least this is how my 970 is behaving) and everything will be slow and weird. If you have a previous nvidia driver installed a popup will immediately .. pop and you will be able to update to the latest nvidia driver. reboot and you are ready.
if you have no driver installed then you go here (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...for-macos-sierra-10-12-6-378-05-05-25.227494/) and you download the latest. install, reboot, ready.
Don't forget to tick "use nvidia web drivers" via your Clover Configurator, or enable them with any other method you might be using instead of CC.
Thanks for the help..... Those drivers that you linked to are for Sierra. Can I use them with my El Capitan (10.11.6) install?

Thanks for the help..... Those drivers that you linked to are for Sierra. Can I use them with my El Capitan (10.11.6) install?
Is there somewhere in Clover Configurator that actually says.....""use nvidia web drivers" , or are you referring to the setting in the Boot section that says something like "nvda_driver =1". (I don't have it right in front of me at the moment). In one of the many iterations that I have tried to solve this problem, I check that "nvda=1" thing, rebooted and got a black screen. Right now, I am creating a clone of my "successful" Hackintosh boot drive, so that hopefully, I can rebuild more quickly when disaster strikes again. I am SO CLOSE! Thanks for your help!

Is there somewhere in Clover Configurator that actually says.....""use nvidia web drivers" , or are you referring to the setting in the Boot section that says something like "nvda_driver =1". (I don't have it right in front of me at the moment). In one of the many iterations that I have tried to solve this problem, I check that "nvda=1" thing, rebooted and got a black screen. Right now, I am creating a clone of my "successful" Hackintosh boot drive, so that hopefully, I can rebuild more quickly when disaster strikes again. I am SO CLOSE! Thanks for your help!
Cloning is wise :)
it is in the System Parameters. check the screenshot
and do not check nvda=1

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 17.38.43.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 17.38.43.png
    118.8 KB · Views: 170
Cloning is wise :)
it is in the System Parameters. check the screenshot
and do not check nvda=1
AHAH! Thank You! I'll give this a try, as soon as SuperDuper gets done making a bootable clone copy for me. While I have been waiting, I found a pretty good video on YouTube about using Clover Configurator. I don't know how much of this is applicable to my El Capitan installation, but it was educational. Maybe someone else reading this will find it useful as well. Here's the link....

Do you think it makes a difference about what order to install things ? The GPU is already in the PCIe slot... Install the nVidia driver first, and then make the Clover Configurator adjustments, or the reverse ?

although i am not sure anymore after passing the barrier of a million changes in my system, i'd say GPU first > boot (with nv_disable if needed) > install driver > reboot > CC change > reboot > pray to whatever you believe the most....

although i am not sure anymore after passing the barrier of a million changes in my system, i'd say GPU first > boot (with nv_disable if needed) > install driver > reboot > CC change > reboot > pray to whatever you believe the most....
I think I am about out of ideas... in the past 24 hours I've done the following:

Basic install of OS 10.11.6, using Unibeast.. resulting in 15G1011 install
Cloned this install to another drive, using SuperDuper... manually copied EFI partition
Updated OS to 15G22010 (to be directly compatible with the nVidia driver that I found
Found that nVidia driver is supposedly for Mac Pro versions 3,1 and 4,1 and 5,1
Changed Mac model to 3,1, using Multicast
Installed nVidia 346.03.15F16. pkg and CUDA 8.0.90 (the latest iteration of CUDA that is still compatible with OS 10.11
Reboot - CUDA says "No GPU Detected"
In Clover Configurator > System Parameters > Checked "Nvidia Web"
Reboot > CUDA says "No GPU Detected"
In Clover Configurator > Boot > Checked "Nada_Drv'1"
Reboot> CUDA says "No GPU Detected"
Rechecked BIOS > "Initial Graphics = PCIe 1"
Updated Clover to Version 4741
In Clover Configurator > Changed " NV_Drv=1" to "NV_Disable=1"
Reboot
Disable SIP Fully (in RT Variables > CSRActiveConfig > Changed from Ox3 to Ox67
Install Lilo.kext
Reboot
"No GPU Detected"
Install Lilo.kext and whatevergreen.kext (supposedly the updated version of nVidiaFix)
Uninstalled all nVidia drivers and CUDA
Physically removed GPU (Based on a YouTube video I found that specifically dealt with El Capitan and GeForce 970)
Installed nVidia driver and CUDA
In Clover Configurator > Boot > Clicked on "Verbose" and "Nvda_Drv=1"
Reinstalled GPU
Reboot
"No GPU Detected"

I've made two incremental clones of the boot drive to get to this point. I also thought that maybe I could try to install Sierra, but when I created the install/Unibeast USB, it would attempt to boot into the Mac OS, but would stall at about 10% of the progress bar, and revert back to the BIOS window.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I've about run out of things to research on YouTube, TonyMacX86, or anywhere else... ??????

I've been struggling with this for so long that I forgot that this thread was started with a script for installing nVidia drivers. At this point, would it be worthwhile for me to try that?

Back