Contribute
Register

nvidia-update - Simple way to install nVidia web drivers

So what would you guys say is the most stable driver to be on right now? The tool seems to put me at 378.10.10.10.20.109. I'm still experiencing very bad window resizing lag on certain applications, mouse freezing when closing tabs in web browsers (only sometimes) and transitions not always being smooth.
for me 378.10.10.10.25.106 GTX 1060 6gb OSX 10.13.3

Same for me.
.106, GTX 1050 2GB, on 13.3.3

Hi. My situation is a little different--I'm running a Mac Pro 5,1 rather than a hack, but I've had some trouble with Nvidia web drivers (e.g., forced log outs). I used this script last week, and it installed 378.10.10.10.25.106 if I'm not mistaken, which worked great with my 980 Ti.

However, if I restart or shut down, my displays connected to the 980 Ti are not recognized. It's like I have to start over--by reinstalling the drivers--every time I restart. I mean, if that's the case, I'll sleep instead of shutting down, but I wanted to ask if there's some glaringly-obvious-to-everyone-but-me kind of issue here. I've since installed the latest web driver (387.10.10.10.30.103) and I'm noticing some glitchy graphics, and worried the old problems are only a keystroke away.

EDIT: Nevermind--SIP has to be disabled, according to above posts. I had enabled it after installing. Sorry--I read these posts before, but not carefully enough.

Last edited:
This version (30.103) started showing strange color patterns on Safari and Dock as last one did, so once more i ran the bash command from here and i am back to the stable 25.106.

also i am under the impression that v106 gives me ~8 more FPS in GW2 but i didn't have time to check it thoroughly(either way the graphics quality and overall performance is pathetic compared to windows. 30-40 fps difference).

Right now, I'm noticing weird patterns in notifications, mostly for Mail when new messages come in. I also see it from time to time in menus. With 25.106 I saw a little of this in the dock (e.g., right clicking on an open app in the dock), but it was less common. Honestly, I think I'd prefer to run 25.106, but I'd rather not entirely disable SIP to do it unless I have the problems I had before--nothing irritates me more than being logged out while typing in Word or something like that.

Question : i don't have SIP enabled (CsrActivateConfig is set to 0x3), nor Lilu or NvidiaGraphicsFixup kexts.
But everything works fine except that i have 3 displays which the 2 of them should be shut off on boot (until clover screen) in order to avoid "no signal" to al 3 of them when OS opens. But i have solved that using a power strip with a switch where i plug these two and i keep it off until clover screen.
Should i try to use all the above? is there any chance of better performance or any other gain in any other aspect at all?

106 seems to be more stable and smoother than 103.. I've just experienced some major lag in iTunes, especially with scrolling in the library, not to mention the system almost locked up while the audio seem to start and stop a couple of times.
Update : Also experienced Graphic glitches in iTunes with .106 so u reverted to the old Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup 1.2.3 with seems to have normalised my system and fixed the screen resolution issue from wake from sleep.

Will stick to this version till somebody else reports better stability with the new updates.

106 seems to be more stable and smoother than 103.. I've just experienced some major lag in iTunes, especially with scrolling in the library, not to mention the system almost locked up while the audio seem to start and stop a couple of times.
Update : Also experienced Graphic glitches in iTunes with .106 so u reverted to the old Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup 1.2.3 with seems to have normalised my system and fixed the screen resolution issue from wake from sleep.

Will stick to this version till somebody else reports better stability with the new updates.
Meaning you tried it with 1.2.5 NvidiaGraphicsFixup and it still was laggy?

Back