Contribute
Register

nvidia-update - Simple way to install nVidia web drivers

thank you very much for this thread,super easy to do the Nvidia install drivers!!

after the install Nvidia is asking for an update,is ok to update?

I wouldnt, I guess it would take you back to a blacklisted or at least less stable driver.

I wouldnt, I guess it would take you back to a blacklisted or at least less stable driver.
ahh ok!!thank you for letting me know.

Before the 10.13.3 Update I was running 106 w/ acceleration after running curl like so...

bash <(curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update/master/nvidia-update.sh)

But after the macOS update I noticed the web driver was disabled because of the version (compatibility mismatch) so ... I cracked open this file and altered the "ProductBuildVersion"

/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist

I used 17C89 and 10.13.2 but after a 2nd curl I'm only able to run 103 which makes me think ... what "ProductBuildVersion" could I use to unlock 106? Anyone know how I might achieve this?

Benjamin, I want to give you millions of kisses. You are a lifesaver. My High Sierra's UI is slightly choppier than was on Sierra (for instance when switching between desktops) but it's thousand times better than with latest Nvidia drivers!

Many thanks!

Hi, thanks for liberating people to mess with nvidia crap web driver, but i have some issues after script installation. Everything seems normal, but system still won't be able to recognize my gtx1060 anyway. Sad...

Attachments

• IMG_20180326_103259.jpg
    IMG_20180326_103259.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 143
  • IMG_20180326_103335.jpg
    IMG_20180326_103335.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 139
  • IMG_20180326_103245.jpg
    IMG_20180326_103245.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 125
Hi, thanks for liberating people to mess with nvidia crap web driver, but i have some issues after script installation. Everything seems normal, but system still won't be able to recognize my gtx1060 anyway. Sad...
Do you have SIP enabled? What are the result of running
Code:
sudo kextload /Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext
sudo kextload /Library/Extensions/GeForceWeb.kext
in Terminal?

There's no kext file in https://sourceforge.net/projects/nvidiagraphicsfixup (it now links to a github repo). There are cpp and hpp files, how do i build a kext file from those files? If that's not right, what do I do with this repo once downloaded?

Clover / Boot Configuration

The script doesn't mess with any boot behaviour on your system, and Clover setup is left up to you. You'll likely want the following kernel extensions installed in your EFI Clover kext directory:

Hi ran this script and did not work on my system running high sierra latest app of today the 26th Mar 2018 causes system to reboot once detecting nvidia card have keep using nv_disable=1 driver details 378.10.10.25.106

Are you sure you are not injecting Nvidia drivers?
Try what I did (mentioned in post 194), might help you

Back