Contribute
Register

nvidia-update - Simple way to install nVidia web drivers

It really improved things. For those with issue with SLACK which also uses Hardware Acceleration so far the only solution I found is to launch from Terminal using: /Applications/Slack.app/Contents/MacOS/Slack --disable-gpu

Sadly this needs to be done each and everytime.

This nVidia fix totally changed my hackintosh experience. FCPX 10.4 is now running perfectly. Thank you so much for this!

Does anyone else have to boot 2 or 3 times to get past the "black screen." Seems like every time I turn the computer on or restart from windows I get the black screen followed by the monitor turning on and off. Turning the computer off and on gets the Nvidia web drivers to load fine. Maybe because I have two video cards and monitors? *shrugs*

iMac 17,1
Sleep works
USB Ports Mapped
Nvidia Driver: *106 patched

*drivers64UEFI*
apfs.efi
AppleImageCodec-64.efi
AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi
AppleUITheme-64.efi
DataHubDxe-64.efi
FirmwareVolume-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi
SMCHelper-64.efi
VBoxHfs-64.efi

*Installed Kexts (Library/Extensions)*
AppleALC.kext
CodecCommander.kext
FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
FakeSMC.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
Lilu.kext
NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext
USBInjectAll.kext

Everything seemed fine. The only thing that is strange that in my overview it tells me "NVIDIA Graphics Device 8191MB". Running a 1070Ti FoundersEditio on Sierra.

Nvidia Drive Manager tells me that i have 378.05.05.25f01 (Up to date).

Thank you for your work!

Last edited:
very odd ive started to get choppy mouse movement again. even if chrome or safari is closed but seems like its happening after leaving the computer un-attended for a while and when i come back to it it lags/ feels like the computer is choppy. um running web driver .106

Does anyone else have to boot 2 or 3 times to get past the "black screen." Seems like every time I turn the computer on or restart from windows I get the black screen followed by the monitor turning on and off. Turning the computer off and on gets the Nvidia web drivers to load fine. Maybe because I have two video cards and monitors? *shrugs*

iMac 17,1
Sleep works
USB Ports Mapped
Nvidia Driver: *106 patched

*drivers64UEFI*
apfs.efi
AppleImageCodec-64.efi
AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi
AppleUITheme-64.efi
DataHubDxe-64.efi
FirmwareVolume-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi
SMCHelper-64.efi
VBoxHfs-64.efi

*Installed Kexts (Library/Extensions)*
AppleALC.kext
CodecCommander.kext
FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
FakeSMC.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
Lilu.kext
NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
Found this post which explains it–switching from iMac 17,2 to 14,2 seems to have fixed the problem, but I had to use 17,2 to generate an SSDT for my processor.

Awesome, can't thank you enough. This is my first computer build (let alone hackintosh) ever.
I have:
  • i7-6700
  • GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5
  • GTX 1050 Low Profile 2GB
  • BIOS iMac 17,2, changed with Multibeast
After a couple of days trying and a infinite amount of reboots, this is what worked out for me:
  1. After a Clean Install, with Clover Configurator turned on Nvidia WebDrivers.
  2. Clover Configurator - Check nvda_drv=1
  3. Clover Configurator - csr-active-config 0x0 = SIP Enabled (Default)
  4. Turned off all graphic injections, no gpu at all.
  5. Reboot (Card wont be detected since there is no driver installed yet)
  6. Downloaded .106 web driver installer, and this german tool.
  7. Installed the driver and patch things to make the driver match my OS version, again with the tool.
  8. Run Benjamin's code, which confirmed I was in the right driver version.
  9. Reboot
  10. Clover Configurator - Disabled SIP to 0x67
  11. Reboot
  12. Enjoyed awesome graphics :)
Also make sure not to inject any graphic drivers, no nvidia, no intel, nothing... When I booted with all graphics down my computer was laggy and only showed 7mb of graphical memory, slow but enough to make the mentioned changes.

thank you very much for this thread,super easy to do the Nvidia install drivers!!

after the install Nvidia is asking for an update,is ok to update?

Back