Contribute
Register

nvidia-update - Simple way to install nVidia web drivers

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if I should run this script or not.
I have a 1080 Ti and appart from having a little lag when switching desktops, closing safari or opening the app folder I don't see any other issues.

My system is now "stable" (boot ok, shutdown ok, PM ok, USB ok....) and I'm afraid to mess up something if I run the script :s

What other issues should I experience if I leave it to version 387.10.10.10.25.161 ?
If I knew what to expect, I could try and check if this happen to me too.

Thanks

.xx.161 and latest Apple Supplemental update fixed lag here.
As in, I can enjoy X-Plane again : )

Hi all,

I've just switched to native NVRAM with AptioFix3Drv and been fighting some issues getting the .106 drivers to load on 10.13.3 with SIP enabled... It did work before, but regardless of the status of SIP during installation, I get the ø screen when trying to boot with anything other than wide-open SIP. Is this expected?

For those experiencing lag issues on your browsers, disable hardware acceleration.

I do agree some of the UI animations aren't buttery smooth but this can also depend on your hardware, for my setup it's working fine.

.xx.161 and latest Apple Supplemental update fixed lag here.
As in, I can enjoy X-Plane again : )
Do you mean "Supplemental Update + Nvidia 161" fixed the lag or "the script" fixed the lag ? thanks

For those experiencing lag issues on your browsers, disable hardware acceleration.

I do agree some of the UI animations aren't buttery smooth but this can also depend on your hardware, for my setup it's working fine.
Thanks for the heads up !
It worked for me.

As you said, the UI is not perfectly smooth but it's fine for me too :)
I'll stay on 161 for now.

Thanks for the heads up !
It worked for me.

As you said, the UI is not perfectly smooth but it's fine for me too :)
I'll stay on 161 for now.

No problemo.

@AntoneWTR how is 161? any difference from previous versions? and what OS version you running? I'm thinking of updating to the latest OS and possible nvidia drivers but I'm scared of lag :/

No problemo.

@AntoneWTR how is 161? any difference from previous versions? and what OS version you running? I'm thinking of updating to the latest OS and possible nvidia drivers but I'm scared of lag :/

I'm on the latest update of macOS and NvidiaWebDriver.
I don't have a comparison point cause I started directly from the latest version.
Compared to my MBP 2012 well it's definitely faster.

Lag is not that present. It was fixed for Safari (which was the only thing really annoying) by removing hardware acceleration. I was able to do the same for Discord. I tried to load a big file onto photoshop and it's definitely smoother than on my MBP. Even though I'm sure it could be better, it's fine for me now. I'm waiting for the next update hoping it will fixe things up a little bit.

Anyway. I guess you could clone your drive and try to update. If it's not good enough for you, just use your cloned drive.

I thought for sure this process of updating from 10.13.2 to 10.13.3 and the Nvidia update would take me an entire day... but thanks to you it only took about 15 minutes and worked flawlessly! Everything seems to be working great.

Thank you so much!

I thought for sure this process of updating from 10.13.2 to 10.13.3 and the Nvidia update would take me an entire day... but thanks to you it only took about 15 minutes and worked flawlessly! Everything seems to be working great.

Thank you so much!
I'm no expert but you're welcome :headbang:

Back