Contribute
Register

nvidia-update - Simple way to install nVidia web drivers

Disable nvidia webdriver from Clover, it might start with low resolution. Be sure you have <key>CsrActiveConfig</key> <string>0x67</string> in config.plist. If not, set it and reboot. Run in terminal sudo kextcache -i /
You should have something like Kext with invalid signatured (-67030) allowed: URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/

Correct but after running the command in terminal and rebooting, it's stuck at the apple logo again :(

Edit: I've attached a picture of the last line when I boot in verbose mode if it can help...

Attachments

• IMG_20180220_170737.jpg
    IMG_20180220_170737.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Correct but after running the command in terminal and rebooting, it's stuck at the apple logo again
Do you have Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other?

Do you have Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other?
Yes I do! I do not understand why it is working for everyone and not me... Could you please check if there's something wrong with my EFI, nvram or config.plist?

Attachments

• EFI + nvram.zip
    17.1 MB · Views: 99
Yes I do! I do not understand why it is working for everyone and not me... Could you please check if there's something wrong with my EFI, nvram or config.plist?
You can try the latest advice https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/standalone-tonymacx86-clover-builds.245683/
That is using Clover Emulated NVRAM Uninstaller, then installing Clover with OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi
Also, you can try adding
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>change GFX0 to IGPU</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
R0ZYMA==
</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
SUdQVQ==
</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>change PEGP to GFX0</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
UEVHUA==
</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
R0ZYMA==
</data>
</dict>
to DSDT.aml Patches section from config.plist, before Rename HDAS to HDEF.
Despite being recommended, these NVIDIA graphics card don't actually work as expected.

Very nice. Now Safari actually responds quickly! I thought I was having issues with my mouse but it turned out to be the nVidia .156 driver! I ran this script and it loaded the .106 driver and things are snappy again!

Two Thumbs Up!

You can try the latest advice https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/standalone-tonymacx86-clover-builds.245683/
That is using Clover Emulated NVRAM Uninstaller, then installing Clover with OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi
Also, you can try adding
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>change GFX0 to IGPU</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
R0ZYMA==
</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
SUdQVQ==
</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>change PEGP to GFX0</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
UEVHUA==
</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
R0ZYMA==
</data>
</dict>
to DSDT.aml Patches section from config.plist, before Rename HDAS to HDEF.
Despite being recommended, these NVIDIA graphics card don't actually work as expected.

I've just tried both options and same results. I'm beginning to think that I'm doomed...

Last edited:
Hi all,

Needs some newbie help here.

I've managed to get my Hackintosh up and running, but I'm having trouble to get the Nvidia driver going.

I ran the script, and the installation went fine. I'm not 100% sure where to put the 3 kext files mentioned though.
Did a fast google and put them in /System/Library/Extensions. I hope that's where they go ?

Anyways, I see the Nvidia icon in the top menu, select the "NVIDIA Web Driver" option and then restart
when prompted.

However, when I boot back in its reverted back to "OS X Default Graphics Driver", and I'm back on a very low
resolution with a lot of graphic issues (In the Safari tabs for instance)

Any obvious step I'm missing ?

Cheers and thanks for any help ! :)

After installing macOS 10.13.3 Supplemental Update, successfully updated to 387.10.10.10.25.158.

Thank you again!

387.10.10.10.25.158 should be blacklisted too.
I second that! I have performance issues with revision 387.10.10.10.25.158, like I had with 387.10.10.10.25.156.

I see that Benjamin has already blacklisted 387.10.10.10.25.158 and 387.10.10.10.25.159. Thank you!

I'm going back to 378.10.10.10.25.106.

Back