Register

nvidia-update - Simple way to install nVidia web drivers

Motherboard
Asus Prime Z-270 A
CPU
i7 7700k
Graphics
Zotac GTX 1080 Ti
I just executed this script and it killed my system. Now there is this happening when I'm trying to boot:
7R1Ej.png

I'm on 10.14.1 Mojave. Any Ideas?

Motherboard
Asus X79 Deluxe
CPU
E5-1680 V2
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've got a brand new Hackintosh, running a brand new install of OS 10.11.6 (15G22010). I'm ready to try to get my GeForce 970 GTX running. I've read that the best plan is to download and install the nVidia drivers and CUDA first, and THEN install the GPU into the machine. Does your script eliminate this necessity? I tried uninstalling the GPU ... and then I couldn't get any sort of display on my monitor while connected to either the motherboard DVI or VGA connections. I panicked, and was afraid I had killed everything. I reinstalled the GPU, hooked it up with the DVI connections, and everything is back to normal. How do you recommend I proceed? Thanks!
just install the GPU, boot into macos. Only one display will be working (at least this is how my 970 is behaving) and everything will be slow and weird. If you have a previous nvidia driver installed a popup will immediately .. pop and you will be able to update to the latest nvidia driver. reboot and you are ready.
if you have no driver installed then you go here (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...for-macos-sierra-10-12-6-378-05-05-25.227494/) and you download the latest. install, reboot, ready.
Don't forget to tick "use nvidia web drivers" via your Clover Configurator, or enable them with any other method you might be using instead of CC.

Motherboard
Asus X79 Deluxe
CPU
E5-1680 V2
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just executed this script and it killed my system. Now there is this happening when I'm trying to boot:
7R1Ej.png

I'm on 10.14.1 Mojave. Any Ideas?
Try booting with nv_disable=1 from clover screen (your boot/mojave drive > press space)

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z170
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
  2. Color Classic
  3. iBook
  4. iMac
  5. Performa
  6. Plus
  7. Portable
  8. Power Mac
  9. PowerBook
  10. Quadra
  11. SE
  12. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
just install the GPU, boot into macos. Only one display will be working (at least this is how my 970 is behaving) and everything will be slow and weird. If you have a previous nvidia driver installed a popup will immediately .. pop and you will be able to update to the latest nvidia driver. reboot and you are ready.
if you have no driver installed then you go here (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...for-macos-sierra-10-12-6-378-05-05-25.227494/) and you download the latest. install, reboot, ready.
Don't forget to tick "use nvidia web drivers" via your Clover Configurator, or enable them with any other method you might be using instead of CC.
Thanks for the help..... Those drivers that you linked to are for Sierra. Can I use them with my El Capitan (10.11.6) install?

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z170
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
  2. Color Classic
  3. iBook
  4. iMac
  5. Performa
  6. Plus
  7. Portable
  8. Power Mac
  9. PowerBook
  10. Quadra
  11. SE
  12. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks for the help..... Those drivers that you linked to are for Sierra. Can I use them with my El Capitan (10.11.6) install?
Is there somewhere in Clover Configurator that actually says.....""use nvidia web drivers" , or are you referring to the setting in the Boot section that says something like "nvda_driver =1". (I don't have it right in front of me at the moment). In one of the many iterations that I have tried to solve this problem, I check that "nvda=1" thing, rebooted and got a black screen. Right now, I am creating a clone of my "successful" Hackintosh boot drive, so that hopefully, I can rebuild more quickly when disaster strikes again. I am SO CLOSE! Thanks for your help!

Motherboard
Asus X79 Deluxe
CPU
E5-1680 V2
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Is there somewhere in Clover Configurator that actually says.....""use nvidia web drivers" , or are you referring to the setting in the Boot section that says something like "nvda_driver =1". (I don't have it right in front of me at the moment). In one of the many iterations that I have tried to solve this problem, I check that "nvda=1" thing, rebooted and got a black screen. Right now, I am creating a clone of my "successful" Hackintosh boot drive, so that hopefully, I can rebuild more quickly when disaster strikes again. I am SO CLOSE! Thanks for your help!
Cloning is wise :)
it is in the System Parameters. check the screenshot
and do not check nvda=1

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 17.38.43.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 17.38.43.png
    118.8 KB · Views: 153
Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z170
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
  2. Color Classic
  3. iBook
  4. iMac
  5. Performa
  6. Plus
  7. Portable
  8. Power Mac
  9. PowerBook
  10. Quadra
  11. SE
  12. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Cloning is wise :)
it is in the System Parameters. check the screenshot
and do not check nvda=1
AHAH! Thank You! I'll give this a try, as soon as SuperDuper gets done making a bootable clone copy for me. While I have been waiting, I found a pretty good video on YouTube about using Clover Configurator. I don't know how much of this is applicable to my El Capitan installation, but it was educational. Maybe someone else reading this will find it useful as well. Here's the link....

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z170
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
  2. Color Classic
  3. iBook
  4. iMac
  5. Performa
  6. Plus
  7. Portable
  8. Power Mac
  9. PowerBook
  10. Quadra
  11. SE
  12. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Do you think it makes a difference about what order to install things ? The GPU is already in the PCIe slot... Install the nVidia driver first, and then make the Clover Configurator adjustments, or the reverse ?

Motherboard
Asus X79 Deluxe
CPU
E5-1680 V2
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
although i am not sure anymore after passing the barrier of a million changes in my system, i'd say GPU first > boot (with nv_disable if needed) > install driver > reboot > CC change > reboot > pray to whatever you believe the most....