Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Mountain Lion 10.8.1 Graphics Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
in my case, i`m only install nvidia driver and all work include QE/CI.
all full screen app now works with my Gigabyte GTX550ti

doesn't work for me. Asus GT430. i've got white screen after apple logo. i had to NVIDIARecovery (thanks qb84) from single user mode to boot in my mac. any help?

p.s. i try to boot with npci=0x3000/2000 pcirootuid=0/1 -x -v. my actual boot flags are npci=0x3000 -v

please, help?

Hello!

For my GT430 (2GB) card I've enabled in MultiBeast 2GB OpenCL Patch and OpenCL Enabler, can I install the new nvidia drivers or I must remove something (what?)?

Thank you!

doesn't work for me. Asus GT430. i've got white screen after apple logo. i had to NVIDIARecovery (thanks qb84) from single user mode to boot in my mac. any help?

p.s. i try to boot with npci=0x3000/2000 pcirootuid=0/1 -x -v. my actual boot flags are npci=0x3000 -v

"NVIDIARecovery (thanks qb84)" doesn't tell us anything useful. Give a link to what you did.

You also aren't specific about what the problem is or what exactly you did to cause the problem. It sounds like you installed the drivers and that caused issues, but you need to be more detailed. Short cryptic statements and partial descriptions make it very difficult to help.

Tell us what it says when it locks up. There should be something on the screen if you are booting with the verbose flag (-v).

dentimarci said:
For my GT430 (2GB) card I've enabled in MultiBeast 2GB OpenCL Patch and OpenCL Enabler, can I install the new nvidia drivers or I must remove something (what?)?

There isn't a compelling reason to bother with this patch unless you are having some of the issues which are described in the patch notes.

tamorgen said:
Is there a reason to upgrade for a GTX 570? I don't have any noticeable issues right now, but are there performance benefits, etc?

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

If there were substantial improvements it would say so in the patch notes.

"NVIDIARecovery (thanks qb84)" doesn't tell us anything useful. Give a link to what you did.

You also aren't specific about what the problem is or what exactly you did to cause the problem. It sounds like you installed the drivers and that caused issues, but you need to be more detailed. Short cryptic statements and partial descriptions make it very difficult to help.

Tell us what it says when it locks up. There should be something on the screen if you are booting with the verbose flag (-v).

I'm sorry you're right.With NVIDIARecovery i'm referring to the mac start in safe mode (-s) and type NVIDIARecovery to restore the old drivers.
Now, after starting the mac with -x, i'm unable to launch it normally, but the first two or three times that I start it, it gave me the same mistake that gave me with the previous driver. this is the problem, starting with-v, it loads all the drivers properly then freezes on the white screen with the cursor and the screen flashes every 10 seconds and comes out this inscription at the top of the screen "com.apple.launchd 1 com.apple. coreservices.appleid.authentication 2812 exit timeout elapsed (28 seconds). Killing "
I tried to be as accurate as possible.
P.S. my boot flags are NPCI = 0x3000-v. without them will not start.

Thank u so much

I'm sorry you're right.With NVIDIARecovery i'm referring to the mac start in safe mode (-s) and type NVIDIARecovery to restore the old drivers.
Now, after starting the mac with -x, i'm unable to launch it normally, but the first two or three times that I start it, it gave me the same mistake that gave me with the previous driver. this is the problem, starting with-v, it loads all the drivers properly then freezes on the white screen with the cursor and the screen flashes every 10 seconds and comes out this inscription at the top of the screen "com.apple.launchd 1 com.apple. coreservices.appleid.authentication 2812 exit timeout elapsed (28 seconds). Killing "

Thank u so much

Try npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=1 -v
or
npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0 -v

There isn't a compelling reason to bother with this patch unless you are having some of the issues which are described in the patch notes.
I have some of the issues described.

What is the system definition you are using? The update does specify that it is for a MacPro3,1 or MacPro4,1 or MacPro5,1. Have you tried changing your system definition to one of those?

Is this the proceedure you are referring to on the additional information tab of the driver update page?

http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-304.00.00f20-driver.html

To uninstall this driver and restore your original Mac OS X vv10.8.1 driver, follow the steps below:

STEP 1: During the installation process, a backup archive of your current drivers will be created. If for any reason you need to uninstall the 304.00.00f20 driver, the “NVIDIA Driver Restore.mpkg” is located in /Library/Application Support/NVIDIA.

IMPORTANT: Do not move this package from its default location. Doing so will invalidate the uninstall/restore process. Also, this process is only valid with Mac OS X vv10.8.1. Installing any newer version of the OS over this driver will also invalidate the uninstall/restore process.

STEP 2: After locating the NVIDIA Driver Restore.mpkg archive, double-click on the package. You will be guided through the driver restoration process. Click Continue after you read the Welcome screen.

STEP 3: Click Install on the Standard Installer screen. You will be required to enter an Administrator password to continue.

STEP 4: Click Continue Installation on the Warning screen: The Warning screen lets you know that you will need to restart your system once the installation process is complete.

STEP 5: Click Restart on the Installation Completed Successfully screen.

ALTERNATE METHOD – If for any reason you are unable to boot your system to the desktop and wish to restore your original Mac OS X vv10.8.1 driver, you can also do so from “Single-User” mode:

STEP 1: Restart your Macintosh computer and hold down the “Command” (apple) key and the “s” key to boot into “Single User” mode.

STEP 2: When the system finishes loading to a command prompt, type the command “NVIDIARecovery” (no quotation marks), and hit the “Return” key.

STEP 3: The 304.00.00f20 driver will be uninstalled and your original Mac OS X vv10.8.1 driver will be restored. The computer will then reboot automatically.

Thank u so much

-v is just verbose mode. It has no effect on what happens when you boot, it just lets you know what is happening.

npci=0x3000 is a commonly required boot flag. It is perfectly normal for that to be required.

Have you tried re-installing OSX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back