Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Mountain Lion 10.8.1 Graphics Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks goes to "vczilla" This is from him, and it enables the OpenCL

A happy camper here too!

The freezes and random graphic glitches were starting to drive me crazy.
With the new Nvidia kext everything works way better, although I still have the occasional freeze and 'NVDA(OpenGL):Channel exception!' message in my logs.

Anyway I just wanted to share this patch for libclh.dylib since the old one doesn't work anymore and it's quite frustrating that OpenCL isn't working out of the box so to speak. And it took some time to work it out since Nvidia anonymized the function names in the library.

Just copy and paste this in a terminal window (don't forget to backup libclh.dylib beforehand).
Code:
sudo perl -pi -e '$c+=s/\x8b\x81\x1c\x0c\x00\x00\xeb\x06\x8b\x81\x20\x0c\x00\x00/\xb8\x02\x00\x00\x00\x90\xeb\x06\xb8\x00\x00\x00\x00\x90/; END { printf "%s: %d substitution%s made.\n",($c==1 ? "Success" : "Error"),$c,(!$c || $c>1 ? "s" : ""); $?=($c!=1); }' /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGLDriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/libclh.dylib

Alternatively you can use a hex editor to search for:
8b 81 1c 0c 00 00 eb 06 8b 81 20 0c 00 00

and replace it by:
b8 02 00 00 00 90 eb 06 b8 00 00 00 00 90

There should be only one occurrence of this in the whole file. The perl script will tell you the number of substitutions it made.

Normally it should take effect immediately so there's no need to reboot, it should also trigger a rebuild of the kernel cache.
If like me you're a cautious person feel free to do those two things manually.

There were some empty spaces that were giving me errors when I ran it on Terminal so here's the fixed version. It works on my 560Ti. Thank you!

Code:
sudo perl -pi -e '$c+=s/\x8b\x81\x1c\x0c\x00\x00\xeb\x06\x8b\x81\x20\x0c\x00\x00/\xb8\x02\x00\x00\x00\x90\xeb\x06\xb8\x00\x00\x00\x00\x90/; END { printf "%s: %d substitution%s made.\n",($c==1 ? "Success" : "Error"),$c,(!$c || $c>1 ? "s" : ""); $?=($c!=1); }' /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGLDriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/libclh.dylib

Will this give me any benefit if I have the GTX 670?
I want to enable "Adaptive Vertical Sync"

Thanks

Will this give me any benefit if I have the GTX 670?
I want to enable "Adaptive Vertical Sync"

Thanks

And again, these are NOT Kepler drivers, i.e. they're NOT intended for the 600-series of cards, so please do NOT install them if you have a 6-series card.

And again, these are NOT Kepler drivers, i.e. they're NOT intended for the 600-series of cards, so please do NOT install them if you have a 6-series card.

Heh. I installed it right off the bat. Don't really know what I was thinking... Well my machine booted up right up. No changes. Asus GTX670

UPDATE: I just confirmed that these drivers fix the fullscreen apps and sleep/wake issues described here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/127-nvidi...-630-graphics-cards-issues-mountain-lion.html

OpenCL is working with this perl script: (thanks lisapower!)

Code:

Download link: http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-304.00.00f20-driver.html

doesn't work for me. Asus GT430. i've got white screen after apple logo. i had to NVIDIARecovery (thanks qb84) from single user mode to boot in my mac. any help?

p.s. i try to boot with npci=0x3000/2000 pcirootuid=0/1 -x -v. my actual boot flags are npci=0x3000 -v

what still is not working is the "Deep Sleep", that means: CPU doesn't go to sleep.

Example:
If i go to System Preferences / Energy Saver, and set the "Display" to 1 min. everything works, screen comes back after waking up by mouse click and desktop works.
But if i set the "Computer" also to 1 min, so "both" are set to 1 min., then only the Monitor is going to sleep but not the Computer (CPU), and by waking up by Mouse both are frozen, Display & CPU, cant move mouse etc.. Restart is necessary.

Everything else is working fine so far.

cheers.

The "Deep Sleep" problem is not a video card issue, I have the same problem with ivy bridge and without a nvidia card.

The "Deep Sleep" problem is not a video card issue, I have the same problem with ivy bridge and without a nvidia card.

OK, good to know. thanks for the info. So maybe the SleepEnabler needs a Update? Because Monitor is working, but not the CPU?

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back