Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for OS X 10.11.6 (346.03.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks kuntau, I was at the same position as esteban.

WARNING....!!!!......Hi to all.....!!!, after the installation of the Security Update 2016-002, the NVIDIA web driver 346.03.15f03 for OSX El Capitan 10.11.6 is not compatible....
Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 14.22.27.png

So is it "fixed" for Nvidia Pascal graphic cards ? Waiting on that to start my second mackintosh.

So is it "fixed" for Nvidia Pascal graphic cards ? Waiting on that to start my second mackintosh.
No. ...and, when it does happen, it will be for Sierra and newer macOS.

When Pascal is supported, you'll know it because tonymacx86 will publish a new sticky thread here. So, hang in there.

This is probably a "well, duh" question, and I think I got it right, but I figured I should ask to make sure.......

The "web drivers" are for using the nVidia GPU for display purposes, and "CUDA drivers" are for using the GPU for computing purposes, like assisting the CPU in rendering with Premiere or Blender or other compute-heavy programs, yes? Two separate drivers for using the same GPU for two different purposes, yes?

This is probably a "well, duh" question, and I think I got it right, but I figured I should ask to make sure.......

The "web drivers" are for using the nVidia GPU for display purposes, and "CUDA drivers" are for using the GPU for computing purposes, like assisting the CPU in rendering with Premiere or Blender or other compute-heavy programs, yes? Two separate drivers for using the same GPU for two different purposes, yes?
That is correct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back